The Footy Show (NRL)

Does Nine still flog overpriced rugby league memorabilia? Molan may have to buy some.

Or as the 12th Man would say…memorablabia :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

At last someone actually used the coffee table!

flat as a tack.

Joey needs lessons from his brother on how to host (co-host) a show.

This is a prime time show but it’s the same formula as the daytime Sunday one.

The smaller audience kills the atmosphere and Beau barely got a laugh (though not surprising)

They showed a small snippet of a possible funny segment with Joey, then he says keep watching then the show ended. Be a bit more clearer on what you mean by keep watching in coming weeks cause I thought he meant the same show.

3 Likes

As an aside, Sky NZ isn’t carrying The Footy Show this year.

It began airing in NZ on then Channel Nine owned Prime in 2002 on Friday nights.

4 Likes

I’ve been a big supporter of the show over the years but last nights efforts were abysmal.

The set reminded me of Andrew Voss’ Sunday Roast show from years ago, just on a larger scale. It’s quite bland and boring really…

I found it despicable that there was not a single mention of Fatty last night. Yes, he’s no longer on the show but he’s still at the network. For god’s sake, he did host the thing for 24 years!

In essence, Fatty is The Footy Show - last night was not “The Footy Show” at all. If Nine wanted it revamped so much, they should have changed the title too and have no connection to Fat at all with that title.

If they thought ratings were bad in the past few years, they ain’t seen nothing yet! If the social media hammering is anything to go by, I can’t see how it’ll last the full season. A shame really…

2 Likes

Copped a bashing.

1 Like

Which is why it was shit for that many years?

It’s a whole new level of shit now.

At least Beau livened things up a bit after that mind numbing first segment. Quick fix is making Beau co-host.

3 Likes

That Beau Ryan skit with the Nine newsreaders was the worst television I’ve seen for many years.
Fatty was the heart and soul of this show. Without him, it needs to be axed. Just get Erin and Johns to do post-match from the stadium.

2 Likes

Sunday Footy Show:

8 Likes

I don’t mind the desk and stage setup, but the over use of green in the lighting is pretty ghastly and cheap looking.

1 Like

More caps:

1 Like

Big changes already, the coffee table and clipboards are gone! Baby steps I guess… :joy:

1 Like

They have new blue sofas too.

1 Like

That won’t go down well with Bronco or Canetoad supporters up north.

There was an article in today’s Saturday Daily Telegraph pointing out the poor ratings and (as you’d expect) saying how the show on Fox League with Matthew Johns is improving in the ratings.

I get the reasons why Nine would want to continue airing NRL-based discussion programing, but personally I think they should just axe The Footy Show and replace it with a 30-60 minute program called “Thursday Football Extra” or something which can incorporate post-match analysis (if there’s a game on that particular Thursday night) and also look ahead to the upcoming games each round with maybe a brief (no more than 5-10 minutes) element of comedy/entertainment at the end.

3 Likes

NRL FOOTY SHOW LIVE FROM AAMI PARK AFTER GRAND FINAL REMATCH

STRAIGHT AFTER THE FOOTY THIS THURSDAY ON NINE AND 9NOW

The NRL Footy Show will be Live from the home of the Melbourne Storm, AAMI Park, following their Grand Final rematch with the Cowboys this Thursday on Nine and 9Now.

It’s the first time in 25 years that The Footy Show has been hosted at the ground of an NRL match. The panel will be on the field at AAMI Park with NRL superstars Johnathan Thurston and Billy Slater appearing on the show straight after the game.

Host Erin Molan will be joined by Ryan Girdler and Andrew Johns when they wrap up all the action from a blockbuster night of footy, while Beau Ryan catches up with Wests Tigers veteran, Chris Lawrence.

Darryl Brohman will feature the Toowoomba Valley’s Under 9s on Small Talk with the Big Marn ahead of the Titans and Dragons match at Clive Berghofer Stadium in Toowoomba on Sunday.

Nine’s Head of Rugby League, Simon Fordham, said: “It’s the perfect fit for Nine to take the NRL Footy Show direct to the fans at the ground. The Storm-Cowboys game will be the most hyped match of round three and Nine will be there for an in-depth, post-game analysis. We expect the players to be on set covered in sweat, boots and all – it doesn’t get any more authentic than that.”

Melbourne Storm CEO, Dave Donaghy said: “We are thrilled to work with Nine and have The Footy Show broadcast live from AAMI Park on Thursday night, in what is a first for the show.

“It’s a fantastic opportunity for our members and fans to be part of this show from our home ground straight after the highly anticipated Grand Final rematch.”

Coverage of the Storm vs Cowboys match will be Live and Free on Nine and 9Now on Thursday, March 22, from 7.30pm AEDT, followed by The NRL Footy Show.

Melbourne viewers will receive coverage of the Grand Final rematch on 9Gem from 7.30pm local time, with 9Now streaming The NRL Footy Show from 9.55pm AEDT and showing it on the main channel, Nine.

9Now will stream The NRL Footy Show live nationwide from 9.55pm AEDT.

Early signs of the show becoming a stock standard post match discussion with James Bracey from the ground with the commentators when Erin Molan heads off to have her baby, or sooner…

1 Like

Footy Show tonight being done on ground at AAMI Park right after the Storm v Cowboys game.

There’s not going to be much atmosphere when the ground is empty.

2 Likes