The Footy Show (NRL)

Getting back Brohman and Ryan is ludicrous. They were worse than Fatty!

1 Like

I agree. Time to drop the axe.

2 Likes

They probably should do a full blown post game show on Thursday nights. Anchor the whole night from the studio. Make Thursday Night Football an event American presentation style.

5 Likes

Completely agree. And look ahead to the rest of the weeks games.

2 Likes

The way Sky Sports cover Monday night Premier League matches is the perfect example of how your idea can be executed

4 Likes

Vautin was literally the only thing I liked about the show. Erin and Beau, almost the complete opposite.

4 Likes

The panel for the Monday night show has been confirmed. It will include host James Bracey, Phil Gould, Paul Gallen and former Today EP Neil Breen.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/paul-gallen-and-phil-gould-to-face-off-on-footy-show-no-more-nasty-nick-and-john-grants-expensive-farewell/news-story/b18c75275a8528b4e8a3fe03b33895bb

4 Likes

Oh fantastic :roll_eyes:

Now the show is unwatchable.

1 Like

James Bracey might be an alright host but Phil Gould, Paul Gallen and Neil Breen as panellists sounds like a potentially toxic combination!

3 Likes

I enjoyed Bracey and Gould’s weekly podcast last year, but could not sit through more than 5 minutes of Gallen and Breen (and Emma Freedman, and Peter Fizsimmons) on that Sunday sports show.

Interesting that the Nine News chief rugby league reporter Danny Weildler never gets a regular panel spot on any of these programs … and we can be thankful for that.

5 Likes

footyShow

6 Likes

ooh. New logo. Nice :slight_smile:

More italics from Nine sports :confused:

That new logo is somewhat reminiscent of the one they had in 2006 (I think).

We’re probably likely to see heavy use of italic-style graphics during Nine’s rugby league coverage this year?

Similar…

1 Like

Gould and Gallen basically wipes out the entire Queensland audience.

2 Likes

RYAN GIRDLER SIGNS ON WITH THE NRL FOOTY SHOW

Popular rugby league personality and former Kangaroos, NSW Blues and Penrith Panthers star, Ryan Girdler, has signed on to join The NRL Footy Show from 2018.

Girdler, who holds the record for most points scored in a single match by a NSW Blues player, will join the panel fulltime alongside Andrew Johns, host Erin Molan and regular contributors Darryl Brohman and Beau Ryan in a new-look format for the show as it enters its 25th year on air.

Andy O’Brien, Executive Producer of The NRL Footy Show, said: “We’re thrilled that Ryan is joining The Footy Show. Ryan’s contributions over the years are well documented, from the early days on the panel to presenting his extremely popular Their House segment.

“What you see is what you get with Ryan, a good-humoured, good-natured, knowledgeable and experienced thinker. It’s great to have Girds talking footy on Nine.”

Nine’s Head of Rugby League, Simon Fordham, said: “At Nine we are all about creating ‘the best seat in the house’ for our viewers, and our rugby league experts are what set us apart. Ryan’s playing career is exemplary, having competed at the highest level over many years. Coupled with his likeable nature, it will make him a valuable addition to our rugby league lineup in 2018.”

Ryan Girdler said: “I’m really excited to be joining The Footy Show and for me the timing feels right. I can’t wait to talk footy with some of the greatest minds in the game on Nine’s commentary team every Thursday night in what is shaping up to be a huge NRL season.”

Girdler will make his fulltime debut on March 8 after the NRL season opener between the Dragons and Broncos, Live and Free on Nine.

Playing Career

• 2003 NRL Premiership winner with the Penrith Panthers.
• 15 International appearances for Australia.
• 10 State of Origin appearances for New South Wales.
• Record holder for most points scored in a State of Origin match (32) and most points in a series (52).
• Record holder for most first-grade points scored for the Panthers (1,572).

1 Like

He will be great as will Andrew Johns. Both know their stuff. But, if they are trying to relaunch The Footy Show, as long as they still have Molan and particularly Brohman and Ryan involved, it’s still the same old footy show.

3 Likes

Erin Molan had a fall at TCN9 on Friday but she and baby are OK.

3 Likes