The Footy Show (NRL)

Just axe it and be done with it. This also applies to the AFL version, but I personally can’t see them doing away with the AFL one in particular to be honest. Both have been utter garbage for many years and are well past their use-by dates.

2 Likes

wasn’t that just David Gyngell staying up all night submitting votes? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It has always puzzled me how the show wins year after year considering it is so derided. I assume rugby league followers see NRL in the title and just tick the box next to it. Never could stomach the show and don’t have much time or respect for footy players thanks to some real dickheads I encountered in a leagues club a long time ago.

5 Likes

Oh well, it had a good run.

Primetime continues to shrink.

1 Like

I heard a rumour a few years back that any votes that simply say “Footy Show” that don’t specify which one get thrown in with the NRL votes.

Obviously doesn’t happen anymore since the introduction of on-line voting where the shows are listed individually.

3 Likes

…And then there was one.

3 Likes

Lots of vile sexist things being posted online around social media about Erin too. Really disgusting.

Sexism issues have been at the forefront of the news spotlight of late with the Weinstein scandal and Lisa’s sacking over pay equality, and yet still here we are with sexist shit being posted and widely disseminated online. It’s fine to criticise her presenting and hosting abilities but some of the stuff has been beyond the pale. One post I saw this morning implied that she gave Nine management blowjobs to keep her job. Great work by whichever sexless loner dreamt that one up.

4 Likes

Suggesting the show has been axed.

3 Likes

got 20 years more than Bomber on the Brisbane version.

Erin teared up a bit on her show on 2GB today. Not surprising given the way this situation has been handed. Apparently no one had any idea.

The Sunday Telegraph is reporting James Bracey will host the revamped Footy Show on Monday nights with a panel, reviewing the weekend’s matches.

1 Like

Erin Molan has been announced as the new Host of the NRL Footy Show

Erin Molan has been confirmed as the host of the new Footy Show and she will be joined by members of the Wide World of Sports commentary team as well as former and current players in the new format of the The Footy Show which will be broadcast after Nine’s regular Thursday night NRL games.

2 Likes

lol wtf? it was announced they cancelled the show & will be replaced by a new show supposedly on Monday nights?

Will the revamped NRL Footy Show be a one-hour talk show?
I know that Fatty and The Big Marn have both departed from the NRL Footy Show 3 months ago. But who’s going to be in the chair next to Erin?

I think Nine have ditched the idea of a major relaunch for The NRL Footy Show in 2018, because despite Paul “Fatty” Vautin being given the boot (although still part of the NRL commentary team, presumably until his contract expired) both Beau Ryan and Darryl “The Big Marn” Brohman will be back with their segments in 2018:

Personally, I think The NRL Footy Show desperately needed a relaunch after many years of poor ratings so I’m rather disappointed that Nine has backtracked on that.

1 Like

To be blunt, Nine ‘chickened out’ of doing what they seemingly were going to do (and should have done). They would have been better off ending the Footy Show and starting fresh with a new program which if they really want to could incorporate elements from the previous program (eg; having current players as pundits)

2 Likes

Why did Nine axe it one day, get rid of Beau Ryan and Darryl Brohman to only have them return in the same role just months later?

As others have said, Nine should have given this show a huge makeover. New hosts. New format. The works. It will continue to rate poorly until they actually fix the show!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fatty pop up again on some nights later in the year when there is no Thursday night game.

2 Likes

…and when Erin Molan goes on maternity leave sometime this year, because presumably they’ll need a fill-in presenter then.

2 Likes

Why can’t they just get some quality presenters to front an NRL edition of ‘Footy Classified’ and be done with it?

3 Likes