The Doctor Blake Mysteries

How about we wait for the courts to decide if the lead actor did the wrong thing? No issues from me with what the producers have done.

2 Likes

You have misinterpreted my point l well aware of the campaign to save the show after the ABC dropped it and l was also in favour of the show being picked up by another network.
My point was actually about people saying the show (telemovies on Seven) wouldn’t work without Craig.

1 Like

coz its true it wont work with out craig and thats that

Maybe they should have just created a new show for Nadine without the links to the old show.

1 Like

I didn’t realize personal opinions can now become ‘facts’…

3 Likes

Fair call, be interesting to see how they do the link between the past and current in the telemovie

do we have a air date for this yet since we are now in q4 of 7 programming

We’re in Q3.

2 Likes

Good promo. Should do well with the older demos.

1 Like

Looks good! Hopefully if it does well they will commission a full series!

1 Like

There’ll be many who won’t watch because of Craig McLachlan no longer appearing, of course right call under the allegation circumstances, but just saying.

3 Likes

in saying that i think channell 7 is waiting to see how the ratings go before commissioning the rest of the telemovies

2 Likes

Yes totally makes sense.

1 Like

Seems odd that Seven is chasing older demos, which is not their problem. Especially that in recent past they’ve axed high rating dramas due to demos. I also wonder if the ABC crowd will move across to commercial television given that ads are an anathema to most of them.

Not if they’ve got a 25-54s (more towards the 45-54 ages) or certainly 55+ sponsor coming on board. Remember Seven have always been about bragging rights with total people. While we talk key demos, total people is still a strength of Seven’s, add to that regional.

That’s what I always argue but keep getting told it’s only about demos. I just wish we’d stop moving the goalposts.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

Tell that to fans of A Place to Call Home.

8 Likes

Next week’s issue of TV Week (on sale from Monday November 19) has a feature interview with Nadine Garner about her role in the Blake Mysteries telemovie. That means an announcement on its premiere won’t be too far away.

1 Like