The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Friday is Doctor Blake’s old timeslot for most of its run.

2 Likes

@littlegezzybear

2 Likes

Does the ABC still have the ownership of the Twitter account for Doctor Blake Mysteries? The production company should have taken it over to provide discussion.
Also the hashtags for tonight’s telemovie are all over the place.

Past episodes are streaming on Seven Plus.

2 Likes

Why can’t you just watch the movie and enjoy it without spoiling it by wasting your time tweeting and chatting on forums? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Noticed Nadine is a producer on this New Blake.

Total flop on Seven, ratingswise. Not sure why they bothered. Never going to work on commercial FTA.

wheres your proof last nigthts raitngs arnt even posted

Friday was always going to be a bad night to debut something new. Would’ve had a chance on Monday/Tuesday but not Friday.

1 Like

Plus it started 15 minutes late. Still unlikely to be a success on Seven, particularly with so many ads. It skews old, which doesn’t help.

It’s of course a disappointing result but as has been discussed it’s not surprising really.
Anyway l loved it and thought Nadine did a fabulous job.

1 Like

That’s why I said it flopped ratingswise.

If it remained on the ABC the result would have been completely different l believe anyway.

6 Likes

Exclusively on 7 plus right from the beginning of the series.

1 Like

It was already going to have problems moving to a commercial network and bring interrupted by ads but the long form two hours and starting nearly 15 minutes late would not help.

Losing the lead actor was going to be the biggest challenge though and trying to continue in the same vein even more difficult. They should have just started from scratch with a new character for Nadine and made different.

2 Likes

Very suited to that channel & possibly why Seven took on the program.
In the unlikely event that they produce more, they need to move nights & keep it to an hour.

3 Likes

i think , well i know why its floped is because it didnt have craig mclauhlan as lucian in it . i predicted it would never rate well and it didnt

3 Likes

I enjoyed it too, better than I thought. Became a regular watcher when on the ABC in the last few seasons.

2 Likes

The Herald Sun is reporting The Blake Mysteries won’t return to Seven in 2019. RIP