The Daily Edition

Sami Lukis hosted with Tom on Thursday & Friday this week.

Update on TDE’s ratings.

9 not doing well in the afternoons at all it seems. 7 and 10 quite a way ahead

True. But I think they are pretty good numbers for TDE IRRC. I know they are in different timeslots but NNN and TDE are often compared, usually there is a much greater difference between the two…

Sally Bowrey co-hosting with Tom today.

1 Like

@Salty Has Monique returned to TDE? Do you know if she is going to return?

Sally Bowrey hosting with Tom this Monday.

I’m not sure if she will return to the show.

Every time I see a new post to this thread I’m somewhat amazed that this show is still going

5 Likes

It’s a nothing program. It’s not at all offensive, and barely interesting.

2 Likes

the few times I’ve seen the show it certainly seems to be the latter :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As much as I’m not a fan of The Daily Edition either, there are two reasons why it’s still on the air…

1: It rates.
2: Advertorials.

1 Like

surprised it does enough of either to be sustainable. What would I know :stuck_out_tongue:

This. It’s only on as an excuse for advertorials.

2 Likes

I always expect someone to post to shows been canned in favour of another 7 News bulletin.

2 Likes

I thought this show got axed like 2 years ago.

The more you know!

1 Like

They’re waiting for the right moment to extend this show so they can axe The Midday Movie.

There will be outrage if they do that, and I’ll be joining them.

Do you actually watch those terrible telemovies in 4:3?

If I’m at home and just happen to turn to 7, there are some gems. Nothing wrong with 4:3 if that was how it was made. :slight_smile:

2pm is a perfect timeslot for an Australian court or tabloid talk program. I’ve always envisioned a Jerry Springer style program hosted by Naomi Robson. It’s about time we see some investment into daytime.

4 Likes

Most of the telemovies were but they often show other movies in 4:3 even when they weren’t made in that format. Not sure why.

I’m not sure the Midday movie is so widely held in any high regard but if it was to be dumped from Seven it would probably just be shifted to 7Two or 7flix.

maybe Seven had just purchased 4:3 versions way back when… and not put up the cash to buy updated widescreen versions more recently

1 Like