The Daily Edition

Friday -
Ryan Phelan co-hosting with Samantha Brett today.

2 Likes

What do they mean “now” an animal activist? Like she’s just been doing it the last 5 minutes.

She’s been an animal activist for like 30 years.

2 Likes

Show with no idea.

1 Like

it’s the worst of the daytime shows but must be raking in big bucks to still be going

5 Likes

Lynda said in the interview she has been an animal activist going on 45 years now.
She has been on the show many times over the years discussing her animal activism.

1 Like

Tom Williams is leaving the Seven Network on December 13.

5 Likes

Where is he going?

Property market industry.

Tom has become a partner in a property business but said is looking forward to more television opportunities as well.

4 Likes

Look out for him launching 7House on channel 75 in about 18 months time

11 Likes

Big loss to Seven.

1 Like

Surly that’s the end of the program. Sally will be the only original left

1 Like

I personally don’t enjoy the program and wouldn’t be overly bothered if it was cancelled.

But since The Daily Edition is basically a sister program to The Morning Show and probably pays for itself through the advertorials, it’ll probably remain on-air in some form or another next year.

1 Like

I think Ryan Phelan will move into Tom’s main hosting role and another newsreader will be brought in to replace Ryan.

7 Likes

I only watched a bit during its first months on air, wasn’t Myer model Kris Smith host?

I don’t think you enjoy Seven much at all, to be honest :wink:

Kris and Monique Wright, Sally and Tom were the original hosts of the show.

3 Likes

Think there’s been a few times where Phelan has hosted and he still did the news updates so they might just do that instead of having to find someone else to fill his position

4 Likes

I would’ve thought that Ann Sanders (or whoever’s presenting the Morning/Sydney 4pm news that day) might be an option if they want a separate newsreader, but certainly wouldn’t rule out the possibility of a Ryan Phelan co-presenting and also doing the news updates.

3 Likes

Is this Thursdays show the final before it goes on a “summer break”?

I’m asking because in the TV Week guide, it shows the House Of Wellness in the 2pm slot next Wednesday, the 19th and Thursday, the 20th (the cricket is on this Friday, next Monday and next Tuesday).

1 Like

Thursday 13 December -

Tom’s last day with Seven which was the last show for The Daily Edition for 2018,the show is returning in January.

3 Likes