The Daily Edition

No mention of his departure on today’s show though.

2 Likes

The biggest revelation is that the show has been going for 5 years and still nobody cares about it :joy:

Only 1 of the original hosts remain and barely anyone has batted an eyelid, go figure.

8 Likes

No highlights reel, no video tributes from Seven colleagues, no conspiracy theories as to why Williams left, no former producer giving his running commentary on Twitter?

4 Likes

Maybe Seven are going to quietly axe this show over summer- no farewell for Tom, no replacement announced and it is off air Wednesday to Friday despite its sister show being live.

1 Like

Although it personally wouldn’t bother me if The Daily Edition was to be quietly axed over Summer, I suspect the program is only being rested over Summer due to Seven focusing their resources on things like the launch of The Latest and (different part of the network I know, but still) cricket coverage.

I reckon we’ll most likely see Ryan Phelan fill the spot on The Daily Edition that Tom Williams is leaving behind.

Ryan would be familiar to the audience of The Daily Edition via his presenting of News Updates and if we’re being honest (Surely this factor would’ve been at least a minor reason why Tom Williams & Kris Smith were chosen to be two of the original presenters?), will probably be seen as decent enough “eye candy” by many viewers too.

The final Daily Edition for 2018 aired on Thursday (13/12), so no conspiracy theories there.

The Daily Edition returns 14 January 2019.

2 Likes

Bad timing with the Aus Open, noone will be watching TDE.

no one was watching when the Aus Open wasn’t on either :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As l predicted Ryan Phelan is co-hosting with Sally this year.
Returning for 2019 on Monday.

9 Likes

Monday 14 January -

Ryan is continuing to read news updates.

6 Likes

Where’s Tom Williams?

He resigned in December to pursue a career in the property industry.

4 Likes

Thursday -

Samantha Brett is hosting with Ryan today.

1 Like

And here’s a story.

1 Like

Williams might pop up on Auction Day on Saturdays on Your Money?

1 Like

Surely it’s this show.

Isn’t Peter Ford regularly used as an entertainment reporter on Sunrise/The Morning Show/The Daily Edition? I personally doubt he’d turn against the network which has probably been the most friendly to him.

3 Likes

I doubt it.

Seven just brought this back.

4 Likes

Looks like you were right. It was Pointless.

If The Daily Edition was axed would anyone notice?

1 Like