The Conners

Ultimately, we as a society have become too politically correct. If you tried to make a show like Love Thy Neighbour or Mind Your Language that poked fun at racism and cultural conflicts, network execs would turn you away for fear of offending someone.

Even if what Roseanne said was considered as a joke, these days it wouldn’t matter as someone may get offended

6 Likes

In america CMC have started re-playing repeats of Roseanne original series on their channel. I know another channel has too. They waited until the shit storm and then returned the show back to it’s schedule, only happened a month ago.

Ten shot themslves in the foot though to even air The Conners without airing the remaining eps of the revival series is a shit thing to do. Don’t think The Conners will have a good audience anyway for Australian viewers.

3 Likes

I still want to see it. Accept that 10 have a view to not show it, but how do I get to make that decision for myself if there is no avenue?

2 Likes

Thursday 22 November. Why are they waiting so long?

Yep. Mentioned further up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i missed the first episode of the conners, where in australia can i see it???

Tenplay

It’s not on 10Play.

Why not?

They must not have streaming rights.

Similar to Roseanne where the streaming rights were held by the production company, no?

The show has been renewed for a second season of 13 episodes.

1 Like

Awesome as much as I’m still a fan of Roseanne I really like The Conners :ok_hand: great to see it’s been renewed .

1 Like

If this show comes back on 10 it needs to be on Peach, not the main channel.

The second season of The Conners could have more than 13 episodes.

1 Like

Johnny Galecki confirmed during an interview on The Talk this week that he will be appearing in a few episodes of the upcoming new season.

Awesome i’m mid way through a roseanne re watch, so by the time Season Two of The Conners comes back should be ready to go :slight_smile:

Its been confirmed that it will have 19 episodes.

Season Two starts on 10 Peach Tuesday 14 January at 9pm.