The Conners

Solid first episode . A lot of people here in the US are complaining they were making light of the opid problem, I’m going to assume it’s some of the Roseanne nutter fans who are saying this.

I’m an original Roseanne fan and this episode was well done. Dark but also comedic in some scenes with emotions balanced in. Touching scene at the end. Just how the original delt with serious issues.

ABC has ordered an additional episode for The Conners, making it 11 episodes for the first season.

1 Like

Ten has secured the rights to The Conners and will show it in 2019.

1 Like

That’s great news really looking forward to watching this series.

Saw a promo tonight during The Graham Norton Show.

Do you need context of the eps or Roseanne that aired before this? I wish they’d play them. Even on a second channel.

1 Like

Well yeah they should show the rest, to get a bit of context of the character’s demise. But you can always watch them online, IF YOU know where to look. Especially the last episode and the second last episode, it does tell a story of the pain killer addiction that Roseanne had.

So far the series has been good, definetly not having Roseanne there is a bit of a downer, but the cast try to make up for it though. Jackie seems to be pointless having around though. The Halloween episode was great.

3 Likes

Would pair perfectly following How to Stay Married at 9pm the week after next.

Why are they waiting until 2019 to air this when it’s currently airing right now in the US? May as well not air it.

1 Like

I suspect they aren’t waiting. Promos airing currently.

1 Like

Promo does say coming soon so let’s wait and see.

Premieres Thursday 22 November 7.30pm.

I wonder if The Conners will be paired with How to Stay Married in the 7.30pm timeslot, or if 10 will show double episodes of The Conners until we are up to date with the US.

Not sure if this means anything but IMDB had The Conners at 4.5 out of 10.

I would watch it but have never seen Roseanne or the rebooted cancelled show .

The popularity ratings for The Conners on IMDB have been skewed by right wingers and Trump supporters etc who give the show a 1 because Rosanne was sacked and they are angry at ABC. If you look at the breakdown of the numbers 46% of IMDB votes were 1/10 - you might not like the show but The Conners is not worthy of a 1/10 rating.

Unbiased critics and other viewers are more balanced and give the show better numbers. On Metacritic the show as a very high 75% rating from critics.

4 Likes

Very poor form to start The Conners without playing out the remaining eps of Roseanne. Even if at a midnight slot the night before, they should be broadcast.

5 Likes

I didn’t like the show, but given its talent - John Goodman and Sara Gilbert etc, I would say that a fair score would probably be in the vicinity of somewhere between 6.5/10 and 7.5/10

1 Like

But they quite clearly said they would never screen Roseanne on any Network Ten channel…ever. They took a stand against her and quite publicly. This has happened in Australia, America and across the world. They will not reverse the decision. No use requesting otherwise.

6 Likes