The Cheap Seats

Not funny. Just modern-day common practice. Literally everywhere does the same thing.

2 Likes

Anway… since they’re asking for interest for people being part of the studio audience, the show must be starting soon? Last year, did it start roughly the same time as HYBPA, which was in May?

1 Like

Quick search shows it was May 9th 2023.

HYBPA? was May 15th.

2 Likes

It starts a few weeks before HYBPA and ends a few weeks after it.

2 Likes

Promo ran using Tim being roasted over his appearance on the previous year’s Grand Prix coverage.

Vido

🚨 NEW SEASON 🚨
Start your engines, Mel and Tim will be back for a brand new season of The Cheap Seats - Coming soon to Channel 10 🏎️#CheapSeatsAU pic.twitter.com/8V2vtAYd5u

— The Cheap Seats (@cheapseatsau) March 22, 2024
2 Likes

Those wipes used on the transition look quite familiar, almost sure something similar was used in the early 2010’s packages 10 had at that time.

3 Likes

They were used last year

2 Likes

Well there ya go.

Still seem vaguely familiar from an older package, maybe I’m mistaken.

1 Like

Tom Gleisner confirmed a May return for the show at the F1 this afternoon.

3 Likes

Spinoff coming soon The More Expensive Seat (10 could only afford one).

10 Likes

For those who might be interested - drops at 6pm

4 Likes

I was in the audience for this taping. Will be great to see the finished product.

I also saw Mel’s current show last night. Very funny. Get along if you’re able :rofl:

2 Likes

I like Bracewell. Shes always funny

3 Likes

Promo just aired during The Project. Returns April 30!

7 Likes

The Cheap Seats Returns To Cover The Important Stories.

Premieres Tuesday, 30 April At 8:30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

Some have said that The Cheap Seats hosts, Melanie Bracewell and Tim McDonald, took a superficial approach to news and current affairs last season.

This feedback has been taken seriously and is something season four plans to rectify.

Melanie Bracewell said: “Despite Tim and I not being on speaking terms, I’m willing to fake it for the 2024 season of The Cheap Seats. I’m hearing whispers that “Across The Ditch” will be returning, bigger and better than ever! I am the one doing the whispering.”

Tim McDonald said: “We’re so excited to be back for Season 4! New year, new stories, but the brief remains the same - Media Watch meets Love Island. 2024 will be a year of big events, from the Olympics in Paris to the US Election. I think there’s even a pickleball tournament in Launceston. We’ve got it all covered.”

Comedians Melanie Bracewell and Tim McDonald, alongside their Cultural Correspondent Mel Tracina, will return to cover all the important stories. Plus, all new instalments of Mel’s Markets, Timfomercials, Across The Ditch and What’s On What’s On In The Warehouse.

12 Likes

:tada::partying_face:

3 Likes

Why did all the superficial stories in the promo seem to come from Queensland :smile:

4 Likes

A new selection of news stories in a promo tonight.

4 Likes

Thank god, cause the other was so repetitive every ad break.

1 Like

The loss of NZ TV news will hit TCS hard :joy:

2 Likes