The Cheap Seats

Molk from TV Blackbox called it a clip show on Twitter, I’m hoping for a bit more than that from it.

Never accurate or insightful.

6 Likes

He sure is blunt and to be honest sometimes I question what he considers to be ‘good television’ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe a little bit like Tosh.0

Surprised they planned to have an audience for this? I don’t think the sports studio at como is really equipped to handle an audience either.

Perhaps that set was just used for testing / promos, they might use the Project studio (already has seating and used for HYBPA?) with another desk or something.

Could do.

From TV Tonight newsletter:

Congrats to Working Dog and 10 for keeping The Cheap Seats under wraps, not easy in this era. Shooting a pilot on Tuesday then a promo on air that night. That’s record time!

Cheap Seats looks like it was pencilled in for a late July premiere, but appears to have been brought forward. If anyone can, Working Dog can. But forget about previews or interviews as this team loves to fly under the radar.

4 Likes

Which is as it should be. Don’t announce something unless you are very confident it is actually going to work, when it is complete and ready.

The show will be released in Podcast form too, this one is under 10 Speaks where HYBPA? is independent from Working Dog.

1 Like

6 Likes

First 3 mins and pretty funny so far. Liking it.

2 Likes

Is this live? They keep looking at the dual camera when the camera is on a solo shot?

1 Like

I’m enjoying this but the cutaway closeups to each presenter are really distracting. Should just stick with the two shot, feels more natural.

1 Like

There’s a good vibe on the show. Looks awesome!!

Very funny so far.

There are too many switches to side shots. No need for it.

3 Likes

Agree that there is a great vibe. Hilarious so far.

The set for reference.

5 Likes

Yes those side shots are not needed. Perhaps just cut to the long shot that they used to go to to the break.

It legitimately coming from the worlds smallest studio. I’m surprised they can fit any form of audience in there.

Is this the third studio at como? One for news, one for project and now this??

1 Like

It is not live, otherwise it will have live captioning.

Most comments on Twitter are pretty positive, apart from this:
https://twitter.com/j_bayard01/status/1417442814527303691

First segment, many laugh out loud moments. Like the pace!

1 Like