The Block

A Current Affair had a sneak peek of the new season last night.

The Block gets an acknowledgement of country.

4 Likes

Is there a preview link like 10 did for Hunted?

Exactly. Whether they quit for understandable family reasons or perhaps seemingly trivial reasons which they wouldn’t have quit over if it didn’t impact their mental health, it is disgusting the way the show is treating them.

5 Likes

^ Already glad they walked. Influencers. Pfft.

Sarah-Jane is gold!!

The Block official podcast

podcast

The biggest ever series of The Block is about to get even bigger, with the launch today of The Official Block Podcast, hosted by Shelley Craft.

This new production from 9Podcasts will run alongside The Block: Tree Change, which premiered on Channel 9, Sunday August 7 at 7 o’Block.

In the 18th season of The Block, five city-slicker teams must each build a 500-square metre homestead, with a blockbuster room reveal every Sunday night. The Official Block Podcast, hosted by Shelley Craft is the only place fans will hear exclusive content from one of Australia’s favourite shows.

Each week after Sunday’s room reveal, Shelley will be joined by judges, including Shaynna Blaze, Neale Whitaker and Darren Palmer, The Block contestants, and Scotty Cam to answer viewer questions, and lift the veil on decisions made and verdicts rendered.

It’s the only opportunity for Blockheads to interact directly with stars of the show, to learn why creative choices were made whilst hearing detailed explanations and advice on why some designs were huge hits and others were major flops.

The Official Block Podcast will be an unmissable extension of one of Australia’s favourite shows, and the only place to hear exclusive The Block: Tree Change content.

The Official Block Podcast will also be available on 9Now, in addition to the leading podcast platforms, making it easier for Blockheads to discover more content from the show

The first episode of The Official Block Podcast is available Monday August 8, with a new episode every Monday across all leading podcast platforms and on 9Now.

1 Like

Another great episode tonight. The ‘tree change’ is just what the show needed.

1 Like

An updated acknowledgment of country was shown at the start of Sunday’s episode.

AA10rBK3

The couple replacing Joel and Elle is Rachel and Ryan Carr from Sydney.
https://www.newidea.com.au/the-block-rachel-ryan-replace-joel-elle

We respect the traditional owners of the land that were about to bulldoze and build mini mansions on for over rich folk hand picked by the producers to buy and make a profit. Cause capitalism.

I’m glad they didn’t go overly dramatic about Joel and Elle leaving the show (except of course in the many media interviews over the past couple of months). Obviously there is no footage so it was a good idea to have Scott tell the other teams what had happened and then move on.

7 Likes

I don’t watch the show but I’m glad to see they didn’t milk this in the episode as much as they have in publicity before the premiere aired. Like you said, the team that left did a runner overnight or something so no vision exists of them going, and Scott had to deliver it to the others (And the audience) before getting on with what the show is actually about.

2 Likes

Interestingly Suncorp has extended its partnership to include both bank and insurance brands for this season. On July 18, a week after construction finished, Suncorp announced it would sell its banking business to ANZ for $4.9 billion, subject to regulatory approval.

2 Likes

I know that some of Sarah-Jane’s actions while in Carpet Court were all for the camera, but I was surprised the staff let her eat while she was walking around the store. I might be old-school but to me it’s very rude to walk around eating like that.

Last year Shaynna was wearing some stunning outfits. Yesterday she looked like she’d fallen head first into a tin of yellow paint.

Thoughts on this year’s cast?

House one and three are getting a majority of the screen time.

But I think they’ve done a great job.

And no drama!!…….(so far)

3 Likes

Never really watched The Block, but have kinda gotten into it a bit this year - trying to look past all the things that annoy me.

Big fan of the boys! Not a fan of Sharon, seems to play the “we’re not renovators” card a lot.

The one thing I don’t like about this show is the way it feels some of the contestants are being bullied. Other than that I like this season.

All around its a good cast so far. Some of them (mostly those with all the screentime) are starting to become a bit annoying but that’s reality TV.

Sharon & Ankur and Dylan & Jenny are my faves at this point. It was Sarah-Jane & Tom, but they’re a bit OTT now already.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed this series so far but I’ll start watching The Amazing Race tomorrow night. And of course, to counteract any possible impact to their ratings, on cue The Block has got another ‘scandal’. So predictable.

3 Likes

Considering The Block is filmed months in advance I’m not sure how they can actively intentionally plan to counteract other programming as they wouldn’t know what other networks have coming up and specific air/ launch dates.

1 Like