The Block

3 Likes

A rushed job. That should sell the properties. Lucky they not high risers

3 Likes

Danny Wallis. Don’t worry about them selling or not. He needs his 15 minutes of fame and ego boost each year to keep him going for another year.

1 Like

EP Julian Cress has told Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne that even though he was able to secure more tradies via Hipages to come to work, it would take a mammoth effort to finish the five properties within the next four weeks.

I drove past the Gisborne site during the week… it’s massive. I think it will be an interesting season.

1 Like
3 Likes

Just some publicity from Scott Cam, complaining about the couple who quit after 48 hours. But fails to mention that it was because they went to take care of a mother who had a nasty fall. Yeah, id rather be with family who needs help than compete here too.

“This actually is the biggest Block ever. I’ve been bullshitting the whole way through about the ‘biggest Block ever.’ And now I’m the boy who cried wolf because it actually is the biggest Block ever!”. Scott Cam’s quote in the article.

So Cam’s being lying to us that whole time, but gets upset when people lied last year in the “white-board photo from the office fiasco”?

2 Likes

All this confirms how much of fuckwit Scott Cam is. He comes across as entitled and egotistical and this just confirms it all.

9 Likes

What an a-hole :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Yeah I think you’ll find there is more to the “story”… it will all come out soon…

Please don’t tell me Scott’s going to have a whinge about this on the actual show. Spare us his self-indulgent rant about this when he’s clearly got minimal compassion on events like this.

He needs to grow a pair and move on.

4 Likes

Alternatively (and more likely) Cam is doubling down on his self-confessed BS.

Yeah sure and this ‘more to the story’ has nothing to do with 9 trying to save face and create drama for bigger ratings… No they would never do that :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I want to say that that’s just me, that’s just me being me. Obviously, I wish Joel and Elle success in the future, it’s just that they created a fair bit of chaos for us here in the first 48 hours of the show. We put a lot of time and money into the start of our show, and then we had to re-jig the whole thing. The promos had to be re-shot. It just was a lot of angst on our part, when they just departed the way they did.

How dare a contestant’s family member have an accident that inconveniences Scott and production on The Block. I could understand his comments if the reason they departed was frivolous but it doesn’t appear to be.

Cam’s jokey, knockabout bloke persona has taken a battering in recent years and is probably the reason he no longer figures in Logie award nominations despite being a mainstay on our screens. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the format rested after this year and brought back with a new host down the track.

7 Likes

An image from the above TVTonight article:

McCafe featuring in directions. I remember The Block (productions) advertising for a full-time barista for the show. Will no doubt appear ad nauseum during its run. Gotta love the cross promotion.

1 Like

Also notice Camalot in the above photo. That is the house Scott Cam is building during this season, and it will be judged alongside the other five houses.

1 Like

Exactly. Disgusting comment which makes a mockery of people not just doing the right thing for their family but also those who would walk away to protect their mental health as well.

I get the impression The Block has had to adapt to living in the real world the last couple of years and they’ve not liked it at all.

1 Like

No way. As long as the show continues to bring in massive ratings, I can’t see anything changing.

1 Like