The Block

Not sure where to post this, but Nine has just put on Twitter that during The Block tomorrow, there will be “a special Channel Nine announcement” with what looks to be a doctor looking down on a newborn child, with Blondie’s “Heart of Glass” as the song in the background.

1 Like

Channel 9 ‏@Channel9 9m9 minutes ago
TOMORROW during @TheBlock​…

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT | SUNDAY 7.00pm

I’m guessing it could be in regards to the drama coming in 2017 called ‘Doctor Doctor’ judging by that short promo.

4 Likes

Just caught up with The Block and it seems like they have got the casting right this time around. I don’t think this show can last too many more seasons unless they look at different locations (i.e, Bondi or Sydney). Too many Melbourne series becomes a bit tiresome.

Maybe Nine should try Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth for the next series of The Block. Time to break up the Sydney/Melbourne centricness (which surely mustn’t do many ratings favours for Nine in the smaller cities) of the network a bit.

2 Likes

It has been suggested but IIRC, Nine don’t think the real estate markets outside Melbourne and Sydney are suitable, probably not able to get the capital gain required.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the big announcement was this evening?

I’m pretty sure that it would’ve been the launch of On-Air Promotion for Doctor Doctor…

1 Like

Correct

What idiots. Putting it up against Offspring is madness. Well done Nine and saturating a market.

Yeah enough of Melbourne already.

they’ve been trying to find a beach house for a while but haven’t been able to get one.

The simple fact is, a real estate sales person now for 5 years, I know the markets well and Sydney and Melbourne (in particular) is where the love is right now. It’s not cooling off yet either.

Scott Cam makes a cameo appearance in the new season of Upper Middle Bogan next month when Brianna and her new boyfriend make an audition video for The Block.

The Block open for inspection Sunday 30 October

The first set of scores for the kitchens were shown in the end credits

What’s this season averaging so far @TV.Cynic?

It usually averages 800-900k. This season has actually been better than expected, Ch 9’s desperation paid-off with a good season!

But yes, its numbers are inflated by Melbourne.

As are most shows.

2 Likes

The average so far this season is approx 973,000. The average for the equivalent season last year by this stage was approx 955,000. The previous year’s second 1/2 of the year season was rating 1,227,000 at this stage. The seasons that were run in the first 1/2 of the year are harder to compare because they included Thursday episodes each week but 2015 was about 850,000 and 2014’s was about 1,200,000.

1 Like

Thanks heaps :+1:

MKR’s was ~1.45m this year?

MasterChef’s was ~1.17m this year?

No problem - but I wouldn’t compare The Block’s ratings to other reality until the season has finished.

1 Like