The Block

Disagree. Much prefer it in its current format.

1 Like

I wish the show wasn’t stripped across the week either, maybe one or two nights.

Get rid of Scott & Shelley and the annoying judges. No gimmicks or games, let the challenges of renovating in tight timeframes and conditions + the casting talent be the highlight of the show.

More mindless television for the masses who seem to enjoy this crap.

1 Like

Thankyouuuuu :stuck_out_tongue:
Bring back Jamie :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The first two weeks of The Block, Nine has NRL on Thursday nights, so it may only be on for three nights a week? Esp if 60 Minutes stays at 7:00pm on Sundays??

The next season of The Block will launch on Monday August 22, judging by the promos that have been airing on Nine tonight.

EDIT: Should’ve read the posts above!

1 Like

I think 60 Minutes will move to 8.30pm or 9pm to make way for The Block at 7pm, especially since its reveal episode often pulls 1.2-1.3 million each week.

1 Like

NEW PREMIERE DATE:

The Block will now be returning for its 12th series at the new time of Sunday 21 August 21 7.00pm on Channel Nine.

3 Likes

Haha, fancy 9 making programming changes to keep up with TEN :wink:

please - Ten can hardly hold off the ABC most nights, Nine is just doing the right thing and making sure Survivor has little air.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong there, they absolutely have a long way to go still to be more competitive.

My point still stands though, they’ve moved the premiere date ot their show clearly in line with what TEN are doing with Survivor - no matter what way you look it at we haven’t really seen the other networks making programming decisions or changes based on whatever TEN are doing because they typically haven’t been threatened by the competition.

2 Likes

Even though Nine has had plenty of challenges this year, they’ll most likely still be the #2 network at the end of 2016 IMO. While Ten’s ratings have improved slightly on last year, they’ve still got a long way to go before we can say for sure that they’re really challenging Nine. But that’s for another topic.

Anyway, personally I think that this year’s season of The Block will be the last (or one of the last at the very least anyway) because you can only do so much to rejuvenate a 13 year old format. Recent ratings have clearly shown that viewers are starting to get really sick and tired of renovation “reality” shows on their screens!

1 Like

So 60 Minutes gets shifted again.

The headlines about the bump don’t look favourable for “Nervous Nine”. :laughing:

1 Like

Did you mean shafted?

4 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

Why not “Terrible TEN” or “Shithouse Seven”? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, Terrible Ten in regards to their ratings in general and Shithouse Seven in regards to their Thursday night line-up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

60 will likely be on Wednesday nights in 2017 anyway.

1 Like

…if not quietly axed over Summer. But that’s for another topic.

2 Likes

The new ‘Crying’ promo is terrible, one quick shot of actual renovation and 30 seconds of slo-mo crying scenes with pointless quotes on the screen.