The Block

i have alexa controlled lights, these were put in when my daughter was born and needing late night feeds. it was much easier for my wife to walk into the kitchen and say “alexa, turn on the kitchen lights” than find a switch when dealing with a fussy baby.

i wouldn’t use them for taps or that tho - it’s frustrating enough going from my office (“alexa, turn off the office light”) and into the bedroom ("alexa, turn on the nedroom light)

So when are the actual Auctions? I assume Sat or Sunday?

1 Like

Saturday.

The Block Auction Final

Sunday 28 October at 7pm

Australia’s favourite renovation series, The Block , will finish with a bang when five luxurious apartments at the Gatwick Hotel in beachside St Kilda go under the hammer this Sunday night at 7.00pm on Nine.

With vast differences in each apartment and a fickle property market, this Block finale is set to be the most unpredictable yet.

Over the last 12 weeks, 10 brave Blockheads have restored the old Gatwick Hotel to its former glory by designing, building and styling six incredible apartments which include three bedrooms, three bathrooms, lavish living spaces, astonishing kitchens and breathtaking terraces.

Quirky couple from Perth, Courtney and Hans , Sydney’s fiery duo Hayden and Sara , and South Australian perfectionists Kerrie and Spence have worked inside the Old Gatwick amongst the rubble and demolition to create three beautiful heritage apartments. And loveable Queenslanders Norm and Jess and Victorian besties Bianca and Carla have created two jaw-dropping, brand-new penthouses on the top of the Gatwick.

It all comes down to the auction finale with the potential to earn millions when the bidding begins and the contestants’ fate is left in the hands of the buying public.

Each couple will keep any profit their apartment sells for over its reserve price at auction. The couple whose property sells for the most above reserve will be declared the winners of The Block and pocket an extra $100,000.

In the last two weeks, the five couples have worked together to complete a sixth apartment. In a world first, one lucky Block fan will win this apartment by purchasing a new, limited edition of the world’s favourite family game, MONOPOLY – The Block Special Edition .

What’s going on with Shelley’s right foot in that pic???

Just looks like she is standing on it to me.

1 Like

Looks like she twisted it and decided to pose for the photo rather than go to Emergency.

I have a feeling Jess is pregnant and will announce it on the finale.

How stupid is the beginning of The Block tonight. Just get on with it.

2 Likes

More stupid than usual? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly almost turned off. Not what you want.

Purposely tuned in at 7.15pm due expected fluffy rubbish. What did I miss?

the fight over the order numbers. it was a blood bath!

Surprised I haven’t seen any Alexa product placement yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You really need to question the reserves when a bidder asked if they are on the market 300k above the reserve.

These are probably just souvenir purchases by millionaires.

1 Like

I do love how this show has all winners.

1 Like

Was wondering where they’d put the Nine dots in the building this year. Didn’t realise they were on the foyer floor.

1 Like

Based on twitter feed it seems an even less popular result tonight than when the Badgelor picked no-one.

1 Like

I am so glad hayden and sara won. The trolls can go roll in the mud now and the producers can quietly go hide after making a big deal all season about them not picking the penthouse.

1 Like

The Block Final

Newlyweds Hayden Vale and Sara Tumino have defied the odds to win The Block 2018 in an incredible Grand Finale.

The old Gatwick Hotel went under the hammer as The Block came to an astonishing conclusion, with all five apartments selling despite Melbourne’s auction clearance rate hitting a six-year low last weekend.

Project manager Hayden and flight attendant Sara celebrated as the hammer came down on their apartment at $3,020,000. The price was a massive $545,000 over their reserve, which claimed them the grand prize of an additional $100,000 – netting them a total of $645,000. The controversial pair also shared the exciting news that they are expecting a baby boy next April.

Hayden and Sara shocked audiences when they won the first challenge of the year and opted to renovate Apartment 3 in the old Gatwick, bypassing the chance to build a brand-new, luxurious penthouse. However, their decision paid off, with the three couples who renovated the old Gatwick apartments coming out on top of the two penthouse teams.

In second place were the South Australian renovators Kerrie and Spence , the oldest couple on the show, who took home a life-changing profit of $415,000 as their apartment sold for $2,850,000.

High-flying fiancés Courtney and Hans , claimed a close third place when their apartment went under the hammer for $2,770,000. They walk away with a profit of $410,000. In a heartwarming twist, their apartment was sold to the previous Gatwick owners, sisters Yvette Kelly and Rose Banks , who will now own a slice of the place they called home for nearly 50 years.

The finale was not without drama as penthouse neighbours Norm and Jess and Bianca and Carla were forced to decide their auction order with a coin toss when neither couple would give up the third auction place after a dramatic deliberation.

Best friends from Melbourne, Bianca and Carla , walked away in fourth position with a cool $301,000 when their penthouse sold for $2,991,000.

Fan favourites, the loveable Queenslanders Norm and Jess , earned themselves $209,000 over the reserve when their penthouse sold for $2,859,000 in a nailbiting auction.