The Block

Hasnt all the alexa plugs done that Already?

1 Like

I assume Alexa is useful because over time people have forgotten how to open curtains…

3 Likes

And turn on the taps for the sink. I find it more work talking and saying “Alexa turn on the tap” than I would actually turning on the tap.

2 Likes

Hopefully it means fewer people buy it so my chances of winning increase :slight_smile:

Was it just an opportunistic theft? Did the producers vet the tradesmen before renovation began?

A promo aired tonight during AFL Footy Show, saying the apartments will be open for inspection on Sunday October 7 from 10am to 2pm. Given a large crowd will attend, there will be road closures around the building (see link in my post below).

Only 11 till 2 ?!
Last year it was 10 - 4pm.
And the previous years they had both Saturday and Sunday.

That’s annoying. I am away that weekend.

Yeah, unfortunately this year open house is only on a Sunday with shorter hours. Correction: it will be open from 10am to 2pm.
Here are the details.
https://www.9now.com.au/the-block/season-14/extras/latest/ep30/when-is-the-block-open-for-inspection-the-gatwick

I would hate my whole house to be ran by alexa! Imagine turning on the wrong tap in the wrong room and burning yourself in the shower as alexa cant hear you yell out in agony to put on some cold water…:persevere:

1 Like

The Block in Newcastle.

Or when Alexa becomes sentient and tries to kill you.

So when is the finale? I assume Scotty’s big shock this week is telling them they have to build the Monopoly board game winners apartment?

Finale is Sunday October 28th.

Surely they still have the remaining apartment they have to complete together!

Sunday Herald Sun reports that pre-production for next year’s season at the nearby Oslo Hotel has already begun. Scott Cam was seen filming outside the former backpacker accommodation in the last few days, and demolition is expected to start at the rear of the building soon.

So how does it work in regards to the Monopoly Apartment? Does someone not get an auction? Because they are not drawing the winner until next year.

There are 6 apartments. The 6th apartment is a challenge apartment on the ground level (previously the production set up), which all teams must renovate over the next 2 weeks.

Sounds like a very profitable venture for Nine/Bigw/Board Game producer.

120000 units/$10,680,000 max sales. Even after GST still plenty of cash to go around

Former Gatwick Hotel co-owner Rose Banks is expected to bid for the apartment renovated by Sara and Hayden in the October 27 auction.