The Block

1 Like

Do you think they were waiting for their competition to release their launch dates?

To be honest. I don’t think I have the energy for this show after last years “drama”. At least it’ll be on 9Now if I eventually change my mind.

1 Like

Can’t wait!!

2 Likes

I wonder how well the couples will be able to interact given they are on bigger blocks and thus further apart?

Cast revealed for The Block: Tree Change

The cast starring in Channel 9’s The Block: Tree Change has been revealed today, with five brand new couples each taking on the biggest challenge any Blockhead has ever seen.

Premiering on Sunday, August 7, at 7 O’Block, the world’s biggest reality-renovation program will for the first time swap the city for the countryside by heading to Gisborne South in Victoria’s magnificent Macedon Ranges.

Handpicked from across the country, The Block: Tree Change has a stellar lineup of fresh-faced couples, most of whom are incredibly eager to tackle this year’s challenge.

The five couples who start the journey on day one are: football player Joel Patfull (37) and influencer Elle Ferguson (38), based in Bondi; Tom Calleja (34) and social worker Sarah-Jane Wilson (30) from Melbourne; actress and lawyer Sharon Johal (34) and accountant Ankur Dogra (41), also from Melbourne; tradies Dylan Adams (29) and Jenny Heath (25) from the Gold Coast; and former professional rugby player Omar Slaimankhel (30) and building maintenance man Osman (Oz) Said (30) from Western Sydney.

But the mammoth construction effort ahead proves too much for one couple, who drop their tools and walk out just three days into filming, rocking The Block to its foundations.

The five city-slicker teams must each build a 500-square metre homestead and complete some 700 square metres of landscaping – adding tennis courts, pools and even a winery, on 10 acres of prime Aussie heartland per couple.

And in his 16th series of hosting The Block, Scott Cam will for the first time be building his own house, and be joined by a new cast member: Frankie, his loveable tan kelpie.

“The original homestead is falling down, but we’ll work hard to bring it back to its former glory,” he said.

“This whole experience has been incredible, the results are amazing, and I can’t wait for everyone to see it.”

Scott will once again be joined by his series co-host, Shelley Craft, judges Shaynna Blaze, Neale Whitaker and Darren Palmer, as well as The Block’s formidable foremen duo – Keith Schleiger and Dan Reilly.

The houses in Tree Change will all have sustainability and resilience in mind, each having a seven-star energy rating, a solar farm, geothermal heating, and a wastewater recycling system.

The Block is Australia’s most successful renovation-reality program, this year marking 18 seasons on-air after rating in the top three most-watched reality shows on Australian television in 2021.

Also see:

Saw mural ad painted on the wall of Melbourne Central shopping centre on La Trobe Street today.

3 Likes

I wish those at the block would just let it go. I have noticed over the years when contestants speak up or out about stuff behind the scenes, the production and its host seem to essentially stand over them and push them down and make them look like losers so to make themselves look superior. Yes its annoying what happen with this certain couple, but a good project manager and production team would surely be able to cope? And have a backup plan. Dont spit on the former couple just cause they left, take the higher ground

7 Likes

Scott Cam just won’t shut up about it but I guess that’s advertising for the show

1 Like

Or are the press after their clickbait?

1 Like

A Current Affair had a sneak peek of the new season last night.

The Block gets an acknowledgement of country.

4 Likes

Is there a preview link like 10 did for Hunted?

Exactly. Whether they quit for understandable family reasons or perhaps seemingly trivial reasons which they wouldn’t have quit over if it didn’t impact their mental health, it is disgusting the way the show is treating them.

5 Likes

^ Already glad they walked. Influencers. Pfft.

Sarah-Jane is gold!!

The Block official podcast

podcast

The biggest ever series of The Block is about to get even bigger, with the launch today of The Official Block Podcast, hosted by Shelley Craft.

This new production from 9Podcasts will run alongside The Block: Tree Change, which premiered on Channel 9, Sunday August 7 at 7 o’Block.

In the 18th season of The Block, five city-slicker teams must each build a 500-square metre homestead, with a blockbuster room reveal every Sunday night. The Official Block Podcast, hosted by Shelley Craft is the only place fans will hear exclusive content from one of Australia’s favourite shows.

Each week after Sunday’s room reveal, Shelley will be joined by judges, including Shaynna Blaze, Neale Whitaker and Darren Palmer, The Block contestants, and Scotty Cam to answer viewer questions, and lift the veil on decisions made and verdicts rendered.

It’s the only opportunity for Blockheads to interact directly with stars of the show, to learn why creative choices were made whilst hearing detailed explanations and advice on why some designs were huge hits and others were major flops.

The Official Block Podcast will be an unmissable extension of one of Australia’s favourite shows, and the only place to hear exclusive The Block: Tree Change content.

The Official Block Podcast will also be available on 9Now, in addition to the leading podcast platforms, making it easier for Blockheads to discover more content from the show

The first episode of The Official Block Podcast is available Monday August 8, with a new episode every Monday across all leading podcast platforms and on 9Now.

1 Like

Another great episode tonight. The ‘tree change’ is just what the show needed.

1 Like

An updated acknowledgment of country was shown at the start of Sunday’s episode.

AA10rBK3

The couple replacing Joel and Elle is Rachel and Ryan Carr from Sydney.
https://www.newidea.com.au/the-block-rachel-ryan-replace-joel-elle