New Zealand TV

Broken records once again.

1.3 million New Zealanders tuned in to watch the RWC 2021 final against England. Just only 1,206,300 watched the game on Three.

6 Likes

So only about 100,000 watched it on Spark Sport? Seems low… how long can they justify that sort of viewership?

2 Likes
1 Like

More stats; over 114,000 BVOD viewers streamed the game on ThreeNow. Spark Sport viewers averaged across the 100,000 mark.

4 Likes

Don’t know how this hasn’t been reported here yet but TVNZ 2 have new idents.

1 Like

TVNZ1 will show the 2-part Kath & Kim 20th anniversary specials at the end of November, one week after Australia. Our Effluent Life will air at 8.55pm on Monday, November 28, followed by Kath & Kim: 20 Preposterous Years at 9.05pm on Tuesday, November 29.

The 18th season of The Block Australia will also premiere on Three at 7.30pm on Monday, November 28, and will air on Mondays to Thursdays across the summer. This season saw five new teams plus host Scott Cam renovating six houses at Gisborne South, a semi-rural locale 45km north west of Melbourne.

1 Like

Most of it will be on youtube and tiktok within 12 hours of it showing

3 Likes

@OnAir @foxyrover @Leotv I was informed that Warner Bros. Discovery NZ had announced live captioning of its flagship news and current affairs programmes through Newshub (e.g. Newshub’s 6pm bulletin, The Project and Newshub Nation). The three programmes are being broadcast live-to-air on Three, with Newshub Nation being repeated with captions every Sunday morning and Tuesday night.

Until this time, TVNZ has been the only network in New Zealand with the ability to have its news and current affairs programmes (e.g. Breakfast, 1 NEWS at Midday, Te Karere, 1 NEWS at 6pm, Seven Sharp, 1 NEWS Tonight, Q+A and various 1 NEWS specials) live captioned with thanks to Able.

According to Sarah Bristow, senior director of news at Warner Bros. Discovery NZ, over 880,000 New Zealanders are deaf or hearing-impaired and cannot fully enjoy television programmes, particularly news and current affairs. Overall, 38% of the people watch programmes with captions every day - whether due to being deaf, speaking English as a second language, or watching due to preference.

As the service expands, Warner Bros. Discovery NZ will, in future, make live captioning in select other live-to-air programmes available.

What do you think of that?

4 Likes

I think it’s great that WBD is doing this. I think it’s crazy that this is the second channel with subtitles!

4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Always thought there should be a kiwi version, cant wait!

5 Likes

Wonder who will be the host. Maybe Mark or Clint as he has no shows this year.

4 Likes

Three have got a Christmas watermark.

3 Likes

TVNZ have brought back there summer icons

4 Likes

Ahh, so it says that below the logo! You have to get that close to the TV to figure out what the spots are, I couldn’t read the banner at all, I assumed it said Merry Christmas… and that’s in HD! (42-inch Bravia). Doesn’t translate very well to the end-user, I think, but at least the fairly lights don’t blink!

TVNZ’s ones look clunky too, I think, particularly when the bug animates… I’d have the Rata/Pohutukawa stay static and fade out, but that’s just me.

3 Likes

TVNZ 1 running 5 minutes late this evening - 1 News finished at 7:05 which pushed back Country calendar 5 minutes

1 Like

Just looking at the Sky guide and it’s not on Sky5 anymore, either - when did that stop? They used to run about six or seven episodes a day, back in the SKY 1/Box days.

1 Like

I think around a year ago? Maybe longer.

3 Likes

The 30th anniversary season of Shortland Street wraps up tomorrow with a season finale cliffhanger.

Looks like the NZ Fire and Emergency team will be proud sponsors for a one off episode with the theme is likely a fire surrounded Ferndale and the hospital.

2 Likes