The Big Music Quiz

Counting down to posts from Seven fans.

ā€œI wasnā€™t going to watch, but decided to see what this was like. Absolutely loved it!!!ā€

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well this is just as terrible as I imagined. Too many guests and Darren isnā€™t exactly funny enough for this sort of thing.

The picking the teams things was ridiculous. And the audience jumping around to every song is very annoying.

A smaller set and a more intimate audience might have helped. So far itā€™s lacking atmosphere.

1 Like

Yeah the random studio guests dancing at every song is just weird. Itā€™s like they are trying to pad out the time to stretch it to one hour.

1 Like

Hmm its a bit meh. I will probably switch to Ten at 7:30.

I donā€™t mind it so far.

I do like music, and for me, itā€™s got a fun vibe and kind of a warm and fuzzy feeling about it.

Iā€™ll keep watching it for an episode or two anyway.

3 Likes

Not going to set the world on fire but it is totally watchable. Yes everybody might be having a little too much ā€˜funā€™ and they have stolen lots of parts from Spicks n Specks. The songs they have used have been perfect, bit like an easy listening radio station, totally sing a long for the audience at home.

1 Like

I think this review sums it up rather well:

1 Like

Judging by the comments on Twitter, not a lot of love for this show. Too padded, too slow, too overhyped, too much score checking, itā€™s all just too much.

Heck, neither the Ch7 account nor the apparently offical account for the show have tweeted anything about it at all.

Canā€™t see this returning.

1 Like

ā€œWeā€™ve never had a tie breaker beforeā€. But itā€™s the first episode!!

10 Likes

LOL

May not have been the first episode produced though.

Not unusual for the network to pick what they think is the strongest episode to kick off with.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point.

There wasnā€™t really much explanation of how the show was going to work at the beginning.

Thatā€™s probably a good indication that it wasnā€™t the first episode to be produced then.

I saw part of the last segment. Looked like all involved were having (a little too much) fun, but that didnā€™t exactly translate to the viewer. My expression throughout was pretty much :no_mouth:

2 Likes

It was the second episode produced from what I hear. After watching that tonight, I knew why Seven chose it to air first.
It was fun and watchable, however there were too many scoring checks.

1 Like

This tweet really sums it all up

https://twitter.com/dragonphlegm/status/769845103603044352

3 Likes

I agree.
Not the best thing Iā€™ve ever seen but very watchable and quite enjoyable in parts.

7 Likes

Darren said at the start something along the lines of ā€˜weā€™ve made a lot of these nowā€™ to some comment.

Iā€™m enjoying it. Lots of positive remarks from my friends on social media. Not that that is an indication of the general public.

Like the cast. Think itā€™s pretty good so far.

1 Like

I think this is a perfect Saturday evening show. You just have to look at the UK approach to Saturday programming (and yes, people in the UK watch football and head out too lol) to know the Australian networks have it all wrong. Playing dead on Saturdays has also meant Fridays and Thursdays in turn are neglected.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree. Particularly on Saturday I think the 6.30 timeslot has a lot of potential for variety programming. Our networks just give up on the weekends but shows like the X Factor and Britains Got Talent all rate well on Saturdays over there.

4 Likes