The Big Music Quiz

True but you also have to look at Australia. With warm weather for most of the country for most of the year sitting at home constantly isn’t an option especially earlier in the evening.

I would like to see networks programme Saturday and think it and Friday has possibilites as proven by the ABC but when the networks are struggling with Sunday-Wednesday it’s never going to happen. It also doesn’t help that news and sport take up so much money for such little returns.

We do have different conditions here than in the UK but I still think Saturdays are given up on and could be given a go. We have DVR’s now so many people will end up recording their favourite shows and watching them later. I think networks really need to have another look at Saturdays and invest a bit more in it.

Agree and a lot of people who are going out are still home 6.30pm on a Saturday. If I’m going out its usually not till a little later and if something worth watching was on would have it on in the background. That’s why something variety like this or even similar to Hey Hey (but not Hey hey lol) that doesn’t require too much commitment week to week is perfect. Instead the networks have conceded defeat. Our weather might be slightly warmer than the UK but from April-August it’s cold so that’s no excuse.

1 Like

Saturday night. What a great idea.:grinning:

Much better flowing episode tonight, biggest letdown is the constant scorechecks especially as there is no variety in how they are done. It is always “And now a quick scorecheck before the next question”.

1 Like

Brendon Jones was on fire in the final round last night. He guessed 15 songs correctly and got the top score of the round (15 points). His job as breakfast co-host on WSFM paid off big time.

1 Like

I watched the first 30 mins of this last night and the show was OK and has potential if they refine it a bit. I kept getting frustrated in the round where they played the intro music for a song and had to pick which one it was, how after they do a question they would play the song and everyone in the crowd and panel would clap to it for 10-15seconds. That was annoying. Cut that out and make it a bit faster paced and it would be OK. Even after the question instead of dropping to the audience and panel show a 10 second snippet of the video clip and maybe a fun fact about the track. That would be better.

1 Like

Who needs a handsome remuneration package when you can go on a variety show and win a plastic vinyl record?

2 Likes

Finally saw this week’s episode; I did think last weeks was better. Still, not bad.

I especially found it fishy how the contestants, some of whom had appalling knowledge in guessing the most basic songs, then found it so easy to immediately guess the tunes being played on a harp, or tap danced too. I mean, c’mon. I bet they’re given a list of ‘potential’ answers beforehand. They weren’t recognisable in the slightest.

Ada and Brendon (?) had the easiest rounds in the final so no surprise they scored well. Rebel had help with every single answer. If you’re going to give us score checks every two seconds, then at least have some integrity in the competition which that scoring is applied to.

Oh and Bindi Irwin is dumb as. Jai marginally better.

Got a surprisingly positive review from most of the Goggleboxers. Less score checks and more questions would improve the show greatly.

1 Like

I now watch the first half as it goes on air, and the second half on Plus7, so I won’t miss out on Survivor.
I tried to watch last night’s episode on Plus7 but it was missing the final segment and even worse, it had no sound. I watched it again this morning and it was back to normal.
It was funny to see Kate Ceberano failing to recognise one of her songs at the end of the second last round. It cost her team a spot in the final round.

I’m really enjoying this show. Wouldn’t mind seeing it on Saturday nights :slight_smile:

Your wish has been granted.

Guides are now showing “The Big Music Quiz” on Seven at 7pm Saturday on Sat 1st October.

It’s also showing at 7pm Sunday as well.

1 Like

Probably to finish the episodes off, ahead of X Factor.

Whilst it’s still doing decently in ratings on a Sunday I do think this sort of show is exactly what Saturday nights need as well. It would do well on Saturday maybe early next year when Seven have other shows running on Sundays.

I watched the full episode for the first time last night and all I can say is this show has a lot of potential but it’s wasted. To much weird noises to guess the track etc. If they added some more quiz like questions in there or other things than listening to music to test their music knowledge it would be better.

2 Likes

This Saturday episode info was posted and discussed a week ago

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/seven-network-programs-and-schedules/41/630?u=tv.cynic

Are they ever going to show Cannonball?

Giving it exposure after the AFL Grand Final.

1 Like

Let’s hope they’ve shelved it indefinitely. Haven’t we already got enough rubbish on TV as it is? The early promos looked cringeworthy enough without it fully going to air. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’d say the same thing about The Big Music Quiz but somehow it found an audience. I think Cannonball might do well on a Saturday night.

2 Likes