61st TV Week Logie Awards 2019

I think Ryan Maloney will bag the ‘Most Popular Actor’ award

Well done Neighbours on bagging 6 nominations, including Most Outstanding Drama

With “Live Voting” the week before the Awards Ceremony, anyone can still win the Popular Awards. Depends on what tv campaigns are more powerful in that week, i guess.

Which makes it all more farcical.

2 Likes

The Australian has revealed the names of comedians in the running to open this year’s Logies. They are Tom Gleeson, Julia Morris, Hamish and Andy and Shaun Micallef. I’d love for Gleeson to do the honours but I have a feeling Nine will go with somebody with an association with the network. Micallef was brilliant when he hosted back in 2001.

3 Likes

Micallef is more clever but Gleeson will do a Ricky Gervais and hopefully ruin his career to the sensitive Australian TV industry :laughing:

3 Likes

The first overseas guests have been revealed by the Sunday Herald Sun, The cast of Young Sheldon - Iain Armitage, Zoe Perry, Lance Barber, Montana Jordan and Raegan Revord - will walk down the red carpet on June 30.
David Campbell, Leila McKinnon and Sylvia Jeffreys will host the red carpet special.

2 Likes

sigh. The token overseas guests that are only there for Nine’s Cross-Promotion.

Do we still need the red carpet special? And three hosts for it?

Long gone are the good old days, when the red-carpet would be a 3-minute segment leading into the actual ceremony. No hosts. Just a song played over the highlighted segment of guests arriving for the Logies.

4 Likes

That’s hilarious. Why bother flying out stars of an American sitcom in this day and age when networks treat such shows as filler programming and fans of them are having to access them via other means?

Publicists and programmers at Nine face the embarrassment of having to explain to these guests why they mistreat their show and the hit from which it was spun off. I imagine the cast will get a good laugh over the fact Nine still hasn’t given an indication of when they will air The Big Bang Theory finale. Hopefully there’ll be a comedian on stage during the Logies to point out the absurdity of this on the night.

3 Likes

I’m sure they’ll be happy for the free trip to Australia but it seems like a big waste of money.

They could have used the money to film an entertaining skit for the show rather than bring them out to do what? Stand on stage for three minutes and hand an award out to people they don’t recognise?

1 Like

Who are the organisers for the Logies? They seem to serve up the same shit year after year. The current format isn’t working and it needs new direction.

They gave it new direction when they moved it north to the Gold Coast. It’s just a pity that the only thing that changed was the location and they didn’t bother cleaning up the rest of the turgid mess.

4 Likes

Channel 9 and TV Week. Obviously.

Because they’re the same producers ever year.

Clearly they need a new team on this. They need to change things up. They keep loosing more viewers year after year.

1 Like

I was a bit surprised that Logies organisers invited the whole TV family from Young Sheldon to Australia. I think inviting just two (Iain Armitage and Zoe Perry) will have been enough.

Or more than enough.

You can see why other networks get less and less interested in participating.

2 Likes

Your hosts for the red carpet

5 Likes

They’re really pushing David Campbell into the spotlight lately.

• Weekend Today host
  • Host of the Gold Telethon in Sydney
  • Logies Red Carpet Presenter

In addition to his original role of Today Extra.

I wonder if they’re planning to move him to the weekday Today in 2020.

He would balance out the two news heavy presenters currently on the show.

7 Likes

Yeah it’s done in-house at channel 9

2 Likes

Tourism Australia’s There is Nothing Like Australia ad is this year’s winner of Most Popular TV Commercial.

Does anybody care about this award?