The Bachelorette

Get your party pack

Also the first 9 minutes available now.

There is a Bachelorette sweeps chart inside this week’s issue of TV Week.

Who does the voiceover for channels 10’s shows? Her voice is really annoying.

Network 10 executive producer Hilary Innes said that the pandemic had been quite impactful on production this time around.

“Australia was in a great place, and it looked like we were on top of it, so we started shooting The Bachelorette. We were not even quite halfway through, and then the Delta variant hit and the lockdown happened. We have a lot of Covid protocols in place, as everyone does now, but when the Delta variant hit that was a whole new ballgame. It meant we had to be super careful and rigorous. But all our talent were already in the bubble anyway. How it really threw it around is just that you can’t do as much. You just can’t travel anywhere, even out of Sydney. A number of places or people weren’t able to come to Sydney for various reasons. But the team are really clever and creative, and they come up with things to replace dates and activities that we were going to have in the show.”

Brooke shed a tear during the welcome to country ceremony outside the mansion. Very powerful ceremony.

Looks like the acknowledgment of country will be shown at the start of every episode.

1 Like

with current ratings, ten has no choice but to go back to stunt casting again next year for both bachelor and bachelorette. Cue the celebs!

I think they are in talks about completely changing the format. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was not Bachelor/ette next year and another spin off instead.

1 Like

Tonight (October 28) is an extended episode as four intruders come into the mansion, while another four contestants leave at the rose ceremony.
The four intruders are Luca, Millie, Jess and Will.

Is anyone actually watching this crap?

Ratings suggest no, not on linear at least.

1 Like

I watch every episode while having dinner.

Right at the start of this week’s episode of Cocktails and Roses podcast, Osher congratulated Alisha on her engagement to Glenn, which took place in Perth two weeks ago. Osher and Alisha spent more than five minutes talking about the engagement before going to what happened on week two of The Bachelorette, including the entrance of the four intruders.
I reckon each episode of the podcast is recorded about two weeks before it is posted online, and Alisha is given early access to the completed episodes of The Bachelorette so she can prepare notes for discussion with Osher.

I have been watching on catch-up and I have enjoyed it so far.

1 Like

Same old comments from Rob in that article, it’s tiresome.

2 Likes

I haven’t read the article but have they quoted any Voz data that shows the total tv audience? Did they quote any demos? 10 aren’t interested in total people overnight ratings.

The article only quoted overnight ratings, and didn’t mention the VOZ numbers. It added that data provided by 10 also state that this season is the top of its timeslot in Perth for 16 to 39-year-olds, and 25 to 54-year-olds.

1 Like

I’m getting quite tired of Rob’s anti-ten agenda. Just listening to his podcast, you can tell he just does not like the network.

It’s a shame because it’s really turnt me off TV Blackbox.

2 Likes