The Bachelorette

Episode 2 VPM ratings continue to climb (OzTAM keep counting for 28 days) now just passing 200,000, Ep 1 is at 193,000.

1 Like

That episode confused me. Talk about an overly dramatic rose ceremony. Glad Sam got the boot though… what a douche.

4 Likes

Agree. Kind of an anti-climax and rather pointless.

I guess when she told producers that Sam was going they wanted her to do it in a dramatic fashion given how good friends he and Blake are. It just felt awkward, especially the way she just ditched that chef guy so easily haha.

I feel this season is going really quickly. Cant believe it will be home visits next week. I still feel like shes spent such little time with all the guys left apart from maybe Apollo

1 Like

Oh, but Apollo though! I think the internet literally exploded when the producers mixed Apollo with Puppies.

1 Like

The ratings for last nights episode were huge. The doggies and the added drama at the rose ceremony definitely got people talking. I think we are likely to have the biggest finale ever of Bachelor or Bachelorette in Australia.

1 Like

According to Ten, if you add in encores, on-line and catch-ups last week’s Thursday episode rated 1,157,000.

The best conspiracy theory I’ve read so far this season is that producers have a secret pod of dolphins that they release whenever filming on Sydney Harbour :dolphin:

Edit: VPM update:

The Bachelorette Australia online, episode 6: 189,000 viewers on tenplay. Biggest seven day online catch-up audience for any Australian television program ever

1 Like

This is like adding an extra metro market on to the figures each week.

My theory (unsupported by any evidence!) is that the tenplay audience are viewers (16-39?) who don’t usually watch TV, may not even have easy access to one with FTA and therefore don’t use a PVR. They are used to getting all programs on-line on their laptop from Netflix to Apple movies. An otherwise very hard to reach audience (for advertisers).

1 Like

Tenplay’s VPM numbers are surprising, considering how clunky and average the operating system and interface is. Hopefully with such large numbers flocking to the catch-up service of late, they see fit to look at some much needed upgrades in the near future - if nothing more than to increase the monetization of the site through better integrated advertising for catch-up + live streaming.

1 Like

I know a few people who don’t have terrrestial tv and watch a lot of tv via Netflix and other catch up sources. They watch anything of interest to them online.

3 Likes

Definite hit. Someone who hasn’t watched conventional TV in a year was telling me today about Jarrod (?) being a weirdo, which is useless information to me but may interest some or many of you.

Being a fanatic Christian doesn’t make you a weirdo…necessarily.

I know multiple people who rarely watch TV or FTA that I’ve been genuinely surprised to hear are watching this too. I actually think in my age group and the people that I mix with (late 20s / early 30s) most people I know seem to be watching this or have at least seen snippets or taken interest. I was even doing a market research group last Wednesday night (about a completely unrelated topic) and someone mentioned that we were currently missing The Bachelorette, which turned into every single person voicing their opinion on the show and contestants. I cannot remember a wooter cooler show this big since the early days of Idol or Masterchef, at least in the groups I mix in.

It depends what device you’re using to watch. Some work perfectly fine,

6 Likes

Who Is Sophie’s True Love?

The Bachelorette Australia. The Final Decision. Tonight At 7.30pm.

Over a series of romantic single dates, elegant cocktail parties and dramatic rose ceremonies, The Bachelorette Australia’s Sophie Monk has dated some of Australia’s most eligible Bachelors in the hope of finding her one true love.

In tonight’s unforgettable and dramatic season finale, Sophie takes her final two Bachelors – vineyard manager Jarrod and publican Stu – to one of her favourite places in the world: Fiji.

In the picturesque and romantic tropical surroundings, Sophie will be reunited with her family who will meet and critique the lucky men she has chosen as her final two, before enjoying a romantic, final date with each of the them.

With emotions and hearts on the line, will it be Victorian Jarrod who impresses Sophie so much that he received the very first single date, or Stu, the Sydney intruder with who Sophie felt chemistry with from the moment he stepped out of the helicopter?

The scene with Sophie and Apollo after she eliminated him is why I love her so much. She is just the best.

I don’t like either remaining but I’m jumping behind Jarrod. Mostly because that seems the less predictable option but also I feel Jarrod is more genuine about Sophie. I don’t like him at all but he is really into her. I am just not so sure Stu is… he seems a bit of a fake and phony to me. He has money, he has kids, he’s had the chop… it’s kind of everything Sophie didn’t want.

4 Likes

It’s a pity that Ten doesn’t have time in its Wednesday/Thursday schedule for a final after the rose program.

1 Like

Definitely something they should think about doing next year, especially if they’re looking for a way to get the most out of the series without stripping the Bachelorette out over more nights like The Bachelor.