The Bachelor Australia

Looks like the original DM article was in July.

Meanwhile, it seems 10 are trying to get viewers who didn’t sample the show this week to catch up on 10 Play perhaps after hearing some water cooler chatter or social media.

It was a really good start to the season. I like the new format. I hope it picks up because it’s much better than the last seasons of Bachelor/Bachelorette that were feeling a bit tired.

3 Likes

Digital billboards around Brisbane now promoting people to catch up on the explosive first week and only featuring the 10 play logo.

1 Like

Osher?

1 Like

The article says it’s Jed.

I didn’t realise it’s an old article (a friend sent it to me) so not sure if it will make the final cut. Although this season seems to be amping up the MAFS style drama so I expect it will be.

Watching catch up at the moment and it features ads for the new season of the bachelor every ad break!!! Ten have no clue

Jasmine Jumps To Team Thomas.

Yuri Leaves The Mansion. Jess T And Marnie Eliminated.

It’s 2023 and Jasmine realised that maybe her Bachelor Jed wasn’t the one for

her, instead accepting a rose from Thomas at the rose ceremony. But of course, not everyone was happy about it.

With Tash still on the outs with a lot of the mansion due to her spilling of secrets, Jasmine’s mind was made up. If Jed really liked Tash, he probs wasn’t the Bach for her.

After doing some soul searching, Jasmine made a beeline for Thomas at the mansion BBQ telling him she thought he was more for her and that she would like to get to know him better.

At the rose ceremony, Yuri spoke her truth in telling Felix not to waste a rose on her, walking out immediately and leaving the mansion behind.

While Felix said goodbye to Jess T, shockwaves were felt when Jed called Jasmine’s name and offered her a rose which she politely declined. With the last rose remaining, Thomas took it and offered it to Jasmine, sending Marnie home.

Now it was Jasmine’s turn to ruffle feathers. And who will leave the mansion next of their own accord? Find out tomorrow night!

That has to be the most number of walkouts in a single season in The Bachelor Australia history.

2 Likes

Totally understandable though given that they haven’t cast the typical Bachelor type, particularly with Felix and Jed. Jed is young and probably an acquired taste and Felix seems fairly immature. Thomas on the other hand seems the most like a Bachelor.

The whole rose ceremony felt a bit setup though. I didn’t understand how Thomas just got to use Jed’s rose. That girl that switched Bachelors is clearly there to boost her onlyfans profile. She’s doing anything for the drama. She seemed to have more of an issue with Tash than the girl in the open relationship did too.

1 Like

Monday night

Shock Departures Shifts The Mansion’s Energy.

CJ, Marjorie And Tash Leave The Mansion. Jenae Eliminated.

With Jasmine’s acceptance of a rose from Thomas still in the air, tonight’s episode kicked off with a bang. Or should that be the thump of suitcase wheels down the staircase?

Having enough of the toxic environment in the mansion, CJ, Marjorie and Tash packed their bags, jumped in the car and said sayonara to the Bach Mansion.

Osher then had the job of breaking this news to Thomas and Jed, the two Bachelors who this impacted. Jed was surprised as he thought his connection with Tash was strong and couldn’t see how she’d leave the mansion if she felt the same way.

To brighten their spirits, single and group dates were on the cards with the latter seeing each Bach’s ladies partaking in some wine and bug rolls at a GC location. Not content with just a chat with Felix, Krystal took a chance and launched into the surf fully clothed, proving she was both spontaneous and keen to get to know him better.

Back at the mansion, the rose ceremony was a decidedly quieter affair with Felix saying goodbye to Jenae.

Tomorrow night, it’s a group date with a difference when Felix comes face to face with Jessica’s boyfriend, Damien.

That makes five women walking out of the competition since the new season began.

Tash was just on The Sunday Project to talk about last Thursday’s episode in which she exposed Jessica’s secret relationship. They could have waited until tonight to invite Tash to the show to discuss her walkout.

Which suggests that most just go on these shows now just to build their Insta profile and gather followers.

When Felix Met Damien.

Zara Eliminated.

What happens when your current love interest meets your new love interest? A whole lot of chat that’s what. And when Felix met Damien on tonight’s episode, it was, well… a lot.

Osher breaks the news that the ladies of the mansion going on the group date will be hanging not only with their Bach but also their bestie. Cue squeals and OMGs and away we go.

All heads were glued to the walkway entrance waiting for Damien to appear. Keeping his cool, Felix walked straight over and introduced himself. It was when lunch was served the grilling began.

With everyone trying to get their heads around the polyamorous situation, Abigail and Zara also found themselves caught up in the conversation, essentially forfeiting their own time with Felix.

After chatting with Damien, Felix realised he had more questions for Jessica and invited her back to the Bach Pad. Realising Jessica was starting to chip away at the hard Felix exterior he confidently gave her a rose at the rose ceremony, saying goodbye to Zara.

Tomorrow night, a sexy burlesque date sends sparks flying between Tilly and Felix before a familiar face returns to stir the pot.

Osher told the ladies just after the start of tonight’s episode that they had reached the halfway point of the competition. Tonight was episode 6, meaning there will be six more episodes to go.

It’s Tash, who quit in protest on Tuesday’s episode.

1 Like

So I’m guessing there will be 4 more episodes next week, then likely the final episodes Wed/Thurs the following week (given Survivor will have started).

Glad she’s coming back. The most entertaining contestant this season.

Correct, there will be four episodes next week. I think the finale will be on Sunday January 29.

1 Like

So it finishes just before MAFS. Is that a good lead in or do you think people might be over that format now and Ten did Nine a disservice?

Unfortunately I think Survivor will tank this year as MAFS is too strong and Idol is nostalgic and family viewing

I think that was 10s plan for having The Bachelor in January. Whilst it’s only pulling 300k odd viewers, it still could do some small damage to MAFS if some viewers don’t want to jump straight into another dating show.

Survivor was already on the downward last year so I think that will be the case, plus Ten in general has less of an audience to launch/promote too so it’s at a disadvantage to the other shows. I know a lot of people are getting tired of the same repetitive casting (returnee’s and D grade celebs) too.