The Bachelor Australia

Can’t you understand his frustration if he’s not gay but everyone keeps telling him he must be gay?

There’s a guy in my workplace who is like that. He sounds and acts like he’s gay but he’s not. He’s slim, always well dressed and well groomed. He is married with a couple of kids but just not a blokey bloke.

He suffers the same frustration because everyone, constantly assumes he’s gay and people don’t believe him when he says he’s not. He laughs about it but also gets really annoyed sometimes.

1 Like

No I don’t because I haven’t been in that situation. But I also know someone who was in the same situation. Denied it. Got frustrated. Got married to a woman. Still denied it. And turned out he was hay and was in denial and was actually quite homophobic. He had to spend some time working through his issues.

My issue is that with Justin he said he doesn’t talk to his nan because she thought he was gay and said to his mum why didn’t you stand up for me. Like why would it matter if he was? What is there to defend? It’s not a crime so there is no reason to defend yourself. You can only say no I’m not or laugh it off.

Basically because his nan doesn’t believe him and is calling him a liar.

I don’t think he explained himself too well there. This is also probably the case, in general, for him.

1 Like

The way it sounded it was because his nan asked his mum if he was and then said I think we need to accept Justin is gay. Sounded like a pretty accepting nan to me.

No Justin said his nan was the one telling his mother who he was and that he was gay and “it’s time we admitted to ourselves that Justin is gay and he’s in the closet.”

Ok I think I misheard.

Interesting article on 10 daily about how a gay version of The Bachelor would look and a video with 10’s Head of Programming, Daniel Monaghan.

Perhaps it will be coming. Might take a slot up at the beginning of the year or end of the year.

10 All Access exclusive.

Definitely not main channel material.

hopefully they don’t make a gay version.

1 Like

Why? You wouldn’t have to watch it

1 Like

I probably wouldn’t watch a gay version of The Bachelor personally but at the same time, I also have absolutely no interest in watching the various heterosexual dating/relationship/wedding programs that currently saturate our airwaves.

If Ten/producers can find some success in a gay version of The Bachelor, then good on them. Mainstream Australian TV probably should be doing a better job at representing the LGBTI community anyway.

1 Like

Interesting if true. I think he’d be the perfect Bachelor (& is actually attractive). Surely he would still be contracted to Nine for a while yet?

But would Nine give the necessary approval? Media Watch reported that “contestants” can’t do any media work for 2 years without approval.

No they would not.

10 might use the ‘we let You have Sophie’ card.

Just goes to show that Ten should have been smarter and tied her down to a two year contract.

They let her out of her contract early if I remember correctly, not sure if it was a 2 year contract but she still had time left on her contract.

They shouldn’t have. It will come back to bite them.