The Bachelor Australia

I missed Wednesday’s episode as I was watching Border Security and The Force on Seven, but later read about the cliffhanger at the rose ceremony. So I tuned in last night and it was all about Sian. Apparently Sian threatened to pull out on Wednesday’s episode, then backflipped, then quit after chatting with Matty outside the house.
In last night’s episode, Matty took six girls on a skydiving group date. It was pretty brave for Simone (who had a fear for heights) to take the dive. When I saw the name of the skydiving company (Sydney Skydivers) on the small plane I thought something was odd, so I googled the name and found it was the same company which was involved in an accident last month, when a 63-year-old instructor and 29-year-old Singaporean fell to their deaths in a tandem jump.

I’ve been subjected to watching this series for the first time, it continues to amaze me that people are that stupid to think that it’s not in anyway contrived or manufactured - the rose ceremony on wed/Thurs just proves it

I am so hooked on this season. It is the best a mile. There are plenty of strong potentials there for Matty and we have the right balance of drama too. The drama’s at the cocktails are happening even without Jen and Leah interfering. I couldn’t’ believe the goody two shoe girls (Laurah, Elora etc) telling the police girl not to go and approach Matty… but the fact that she listened to them was worse. Gotta love Jen for taking that opportunity going right in there. :joy:

Tara would have to be my pick for the win. She is hilarious and her and Matty seem to have similar personalities.

You do realise that between the cocktail party and the rose ceremony he advises producers who is going (so they pick the order he reads out the roses to keep it more intense), which was the time Sian went a bit crazy and then altered his decision. Obviously the editing, stopping in the middle of the ceremony the whole ‘To Be Continued’ thing was over the top and done to provide added drama.

1 Like

Oh for sure, the whole “it’s my decision” speech was such a crock too

An explosive episode last night. Matty told Leah to leave the mansion after she lied one more time about her past as topless waitress (she was forced to reveal it to Matty’s sister Kate after other contestants brought it to Kate’s attention), and she tried to drag Simone into the water as well.

As much as I still think Matty is the perfect bachelor, I am disappointed with this season. Mostly the too much attention on the bitchiness, I usually like the rivalry and jealousy between the girls but the nastiness is too over the top so I am happy with Leah being gone, things might improve.

My biggest disappointment is that after seven episodes I still have no idea who the majority of the women are, which seems to match up with the storyline tonight. Same applies to that fact that I can’t actually picture any of the women with him, whereas usually there is a bit of a front runner by now, guess we will know after tonight when the first girl will get a second date this year.

2 Likes

I found it hard to watch, mainly because the one who threw Leah under the bus in the first place does fucking fire dancing. She tried to cover her tracks by saying Matty’s sister asked her to air dirty laundry out and the other girls lapped it all up. Elora is actually so dumb, what does she think will happen if she aired anyones dirty laundry, like does she actually think Leah wouldn’t do the same in retaliation?

I fucking swear this show is fucked, essentially implying being a topless model/worker can only be allowed by men (the fucking first two bachelor’s were exactly that).

Obviously, I’m tackling the big issues here this morning.

1 Like

Just go look at Elora’s instagram page and she does pretty raunchy model shoots. She is a complete hypocrite but her and some of those other girls get edited in a more positive light because clearly they make it far and want to be shown as the good guys.

Is it true that 3 girls quit tonight?

1 Like

“Three Leave”

https://twitter.com/TheBachelorAU/status/897820273478582273

Elora showed her greediness in last night’s episode. As if her single date with Matty was not enough, she wanted to win the bush race to get one-on-one time with him. No wonder Florence cheated twice to overtake Elora to take the first spot.
As expected three ladies left. Sharlene quit after not getting a satisfactory explanation from Matty on why she failed to get a single date. I was surprised that Alix was eliminated after getting a rose during her date with Matty in Wednesday’s episode, what prompted his change of heart? Stephanie was also sent home.

1 Like

Who? I thought she was the caterer…

That’s why she told Matty she was not a caterer. She wanted to show herself was not invisible.

1 Like

That was hilarious the way he just kicked Sharlenergy to the curb. He’s just not that into you!

I loved how Florence eater her way to win. She’s hilarious. Prob my fave now.

1 Like

I think this is her

2 Likes

Hmm… Alex and Ritchie over.

A year contractual obligation?

She’s now a lesbian.

Glad to see someone’s still watching them :wink:

The whole Alex thing is just bizarre.

Looks like tonight might be the night Jen quits? It has been rumoured for a while that she does at some point. I’d like her around as long as possible as she’s keeping this show interesting. Half those girls remaining are complete bores.

I’m starting to think Tara could take this out. Florence is my next pick.

Wow that was dramatic. I’m still confused over what happened and why Jen left like that. The editing was so bizarre with her walking out and not even saying bye to Matty. It’s like they edited out a conversation between her and Matty where he eliminated her or indicated she wouldn’t survive the rose ceremony after he spoke to Lisa.

Still probably the best scene ever though on The Bachelor was Jen walking down the driveway into the darkness in tears with her little suitcase. There wasn’t even a car waiting for her. She’s probably still walking home. :joy:

2 Likes

With “Wrong Girl” watermark

“Matty had no idea. I didn’t even say goodbye to Matty,” she said.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/she-confirmed-it-the-bachelors-jen-reveals-what-australia-didnt-see-before-her-hysterical-exit/news-story/22a6772b67e4bfff51c087d4dc6e3f38

5 Likes

Promo shown tonight says next week is “Hometown Week”. I think Matty’s hometown visits will be shown on Thursday when he came to the homes of the five remaining girls, unless there was a double elimination on Wednesday’s episode. Only two weeks remain in the season.

See the Ten Schedule posted last week