The Bachelor Australia

Matty has again been accused of being “coached” by producers through a hidden earpiece and briefings, according to The Sun-Herald yesterday.

“Those who had been fighting that week would be the last to get a rose for dramatic effect,” a Bachelorette, who asked not to be named, told Fairfax Media.
It meant some women would be left standing in heels alongside their archenemy for over two hours – the length some rose ceremonies could go for – to antagonise the situation.

1 Like

It would have to be a double elimination on Wednesday. Hometown visits is always Final 4 and if it finishes next week they would have to be getting rid of 2 girls on Wednesday.

Is this really news to people? As in of course he has an earpiece in his ear during rose ceremonies and is told what order to read the roses out. Obviously he advises producers who he is eliminating prior to the rose ceremony and he is then told during the rose ceremony what order to hand out the roses. Its TV and they are always going to do it in the most suspenseful way. It’s exactly the same as how Survivor producers reorder the votes to make sure they are read out in the most dramatic/exciting way. It’s nothing new and all shows do it.

1 Like

The apparent winner has been spotted with the bachelor on a weekend away, according to media reports.

**Mod edit: the below is a link to a SMH article that littlegezzybear has spoiler tagged. Don’t click/tap if you don’t want to know.

And obviously, if you lot want to discuss its contents, spoiler tags must be used.**

1 Like

Hasn’t anyone watched UnReal? :wink:

3 Likes

Yep, great show!

The girl who won tonight’s group date, would go with Matty to see a special performance by James Blunt at the Nova Red Room event in Sydney. This episode must have been filmed in late April, as Blunt was in the country for a promo tour, including singing at the Logie Awards on April 23, appearing on The Project and shooting the video for his single Don’t Give Me Those Eyes on Sydney’s northern beaches.

So glad that Elora is gone. She was so mopey and full of herself.

I hope the final 2 are Florence and Tara but I think Lauren has this in the bag. Although if she is the winner like every magazine would like us to think she is, she hasn’t had a heap of airtime.

Cobie was also eliminated last night after a date at Yarramundi, at the foothills of Blue Mountains. Matty decided to send her home because the two of them just could not find a spark.
I think Elora was gone because she took the relationship with Matty too seriously (we had a glimpse from the vow she wrote in the group date challenge earlier). Daily Mail reports that Elora had a meltdown and burned all the date cards and roses she received from Matty.

Which she has denied.

“It’s all completely inaccurate.”

I anyone feels the need to read more

1 Like

Laura to win, Elise runner-up is my prediction

In another interview, Elora said she and Laura live one block apart in the same Sydney suburb, but they are not very close.

(the article mentions the name Elora Tahiti which is in fact her Instagram name. Her last name is Murger)

Very romantic. Who would have thought that they set it all up. No idea if this is a spoiler.

I can’t even tell who is pashing who in that pic. It looks more like Georgia Love and Lee from last season to me.

Well it seems like Laura has this in the bag and I kind of hope that it’s her as she feels the most genuine and best match for him IMO. I would like a surprise and for it to be Tara though, she is great. But she is the typical viewer favourite that will be runner up.

2 Likes

The Punkee recaps are my favourite part of the series. There I said it.

1 Like

###The Bachelorette Australia.

Premieres Wednesday 20 September At 7.30pm.
Continues Thursday 21 September At 7.30pm.

Join Sophie Monk on the journey of a lifetime as she sets out to find true love in the new season of The Bachelorette Australia, premiering at 7.30pm on Wednesday, 20 September, only on TEN and WIN Network.

After years spent living in the spotlight, Sophie has returned home to Australia and is now looking for a down-to-earth Aussie bloke with whom she can share the rest of her life.

Bravely walking up the red carpet of the Bachelorette Mansion to meet the Bachelorette are 18 eligible Bachelors, laying it all on the line to see if they have what it takes to capture Sophie’s heart.

From extravagant, high-flying dates to intimate and romantic nights in, this season of The Bachelorette Australia is a wild ride into love.

The Bachelorette Australia is hosted by Osher Günsberg.

For a glimpse into the first night, please click here.

I’m a little devasted that Tara’s gone (as most viewers are) but you could pretty much tell last night she had pretty much been friend zoned. The way he was looking at her in some of those scenes felt very awkward to me.

Whilst most people have been convinced for a while that Laura wins I’ve had a strange feeling the last couple weeks that Elise is going to take this out. I want Laura to win but a surprise would be good too.

1 Like

With Tara it was “I think I’m really starting to like you” while the other two used the L word, :broken_heart:

Even though the paparazzi spoiled the results with their photos of Laura on a weekend away with Matty, when Matty dumped Elise in Thailand there was still a lot of disapproval on social media. Some people even called on Elise to become next year’s Bachelorette, but Elise had told The Advertiser she would not be one.
Elise told TV Week she thought she was not the one when she saw there was no footprints on the path leading to Matty. Elise had not heard a word from Matty since.

Well, why would she? Unless you think it’s okay to keep seeing multiple women after you make a commitment to one?

4 Likes

The first season of ABC’s new spin-off is set to air February 2018.

Let the games begin! Now that Bachelor in Paradise has wrapped its fourth-season run, it’s time for fans to set their sights on the next franchise spin-off: Bachelor: Winter Games.

ABC announced in May that the new unscripted series would feature archrivals, villains and memorable alumni of the long-running reality series as they compete in athletic challenges, “including the toughest sport of all: love." The show will be set in Vermont, according to franchise creator Mike Fleiss, and is set to bow in February, timed to the 2018 Winter Olympics.

And the other thing we’re excited about is having contestants form the international formats of The Bachelor. So you have somebody from Bachelor Japan, Bachelor Australia, Bachelor Canada and Bachelor U.K.

3 Likes