The Amazing Race

Yes - amended 7Flix for Tuesday 30 January

07:30 PM Special: Holidays Make You Laugh Out Loud
08:30 PM Movie: Push
10:45 PM - 12:40 PM The Amazing Race: Gotta Put Your Sole Into It

2 Likes

Thanks mate.

The late start for next weekā€™s double episode must be due to 7flixā€™s shocking share this Tuesday - only 0.9% against live tennis and cricket.

1 Like

I think part of the reason why this season hasnā€™t been rating well in Australia is because it airs too far from the original airing (this season, it has been airing on Wednesdays in the US). I am a fan of TAR, and I have pretty much ignored 7flixā€™s airing of the show as it is two far behind the American airing. I donā€™t see why 7 canā€™t air TAR within hours of the American airing (like how 9 treat US Survivor or US Bachelor).

Rant over. Time for some good news.

Phil has indicated that the show could be filming two seasons later this year following the ratings success of the show in the US.

2 Likes

I thought it was more around finding a middle in haystack; not much promotion, it was up against cricket and tennis and itā€™s on 7flix not mate this time round. I have been watching on 7plus; easier to watch when I want to than on a Tuesday night at 7:30.

2 Likes

My PVR isnā€™t getting sound on 7flix so Iā€™ve been watching on Plus7. Only have to watch two ads at the start (total of 30 seconds) too!

1 Like

Final (double) episode next week. Any news on if itā€™s been renewed for another season?

Not yet but itā€™s ratings were up massively for the first half of the season compared to last season before the Olympics started and Celebrity Big Brother pushed it to a later timeslot. Its 100% guaranteed to be renewed for one if not two more seasons.

Are we already up to the finale? Wow. Iā€™ve fallen behind a bit on this season with the timeslot change so I just have the series set to record and spent a few hours the last week getting through some of the episodes. The one I watched last night they were in Zimbabwe.

This season has been OK. Not the best not the worst. I found this season hard to get into the first few episodes moreso than other seasons. Now there are fewer teams I enjoy it more. The only team I really want to win are the two girls or possibly team ocean rescue. One thing Iā€™ve really noticed this season is how much of a dag Phil isā€¦ he actually makes the show feel dated IMO.

I havent noticed a change in Phil from previous seasons.

I donā€™t think Phil takes himself too seriously, to the point that I think his daggyness (however you spell it) is almost his trademark. Itā€™s like heā€™s laughing at himself, especially with that eyebrow!

1 Like

Just the way he dresses and how he isā€¦ heā€™s kind of like a daggy dad. There hasnā€™t been any real sudden change with him but I have been trying to put my finger on what is starting to make this show feel a little dated and I think that is a part of it.

I agree with you. He has struck me as seeming much older this season - maybe because itā€™s been a while since the last one but he has aged. He is starting to seem a bit daggy to me too. He also doesnā€™t seem quite as into it to me.

Oh that girl on the Big Brother team is really bugging me. Any team but her!

I loved TAR-30 and hope it will be renewed soon.

That final puzzle mustā€™ve been so hard - feel sorry for the team who had all the pieces correct but didnā€™t ask the guy to check it. For their sakes I hope they realised their error before it was aired!

1 Like

Yes I thought it was a good season. I didnā€™t like team Big Brother at the start, but by the end I was cheering them on to win! Would have hated that nagging college girl to win. She was so passive aggressive, he needs to dump her

It ended up being a decent season. I think the first half was a bit mediocre but the last 3 legs were all superb. Very close finishes too in the last two legs! I think I just prefer this show when there are less teams too as you get to see more of each of the teams so I like seasons when most of the non-elimination legs are towards the end.

It was definitely one of the most suspenseful finishes ever with all 3 teams at that final task with the finish line in sight. I wasnā€™t a fan of that final puzzle though. It was far too cryptic for that point of the race and required a lot more skill than just remembering countries to figure it out, so I felt bad for the girls not winning despite getting to the puzzle first. I am OK with Big Brother winning as at least they were a strong team although it annoys me slightly as itā€™s probably what CBS wanted. Yale became so damn annoying by the end that I was just happy that they didnā€™t take it out.

Iā€™m definitely looking forward to them doing more seasons. I guess they tested out some new concepts this season (head to head, partner swap) so it will be interesting to see if they continue with those or even more fresh ideas going forward. I donā€™t think we had a single fast forward this seasonā€¦ Is that a first or have they been gone for a while? They kind of became pointless I guess when they only had 1 or 2 a season.

1 Like

Great news, the show has been renewed by CBS for a 31st season.

4 Likes

There are strong rumours that next season the teams will be made up of former US Big Brother and Survivor contestants.

Iā€™m not so excited about Big Borther contestants but I would be super excited to see some iconic Survivor contestants run the Amazing Race. Get Parvati on it!!

1 Like

Sounds like reality television is eating itself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Definitely agree. Would love to see some Survivor contestants away from the Island not keen on the Big Brother ones. I actually enjoyed Boston Rob when he was on Amazing Race years ago.

I still like watching the normal teams though. I loved Henry & Evan & the Twins in the past season.

I hope Amazing Race can continue and get out of their ratings slump.

1 Like