The Amazing Race

Correct. CBS confirmed on June 10 that the new season of TAR would be called: The Amazing Race: Reality Clash. Teams will come from past seasons of TAR, Survivor and US Big Brother.
According to Reality Fan Forum, the three Survivor teams are:
Chris Hammons and Bret LaBelle (Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen-X)
Laura and Rupert Boneham (Survivor: Blood vs. Water)
Corinne Kaplan and Eliza Orlins (Survivor: Gabon/Caramoan and Survivor: Vanuatu/Micronesia)

The Survivor teams are so random and underwhelming. There was so much opportunity here to pull in some real iconic contestants and they’ve gone down the Rupert route (cos we havn’t seen enough of him already?) and some other very forgettable names. I do think though that Eliza and Corinne would be very entertaining on The Amazing Race… I just think they are a strange paring. Do they know each other well?

They also have 6 All Star teams from the Amazing Race which are mostly good choices. Although I’m annoyed by Leo and Jamal coming back for a THIRD time. That is a bit ridiculous. Rachel is back too who has also raced twice and been on two Big Brother seasons, although I still rank her as one of the most entertaining contestants ever so it doesn’t bother me so much. She’s casting gold.

1 Like

Rachel was very annoying the first time she was on TAR in season 20, that was the season she had a on going feud with fellow contestant Vanessa.

Which other TAR teams are coming back? Justin and Diana?

Weren’t Jet and Cord on the show three times, once in the regular series and two x All-Stars? Oh my gravy!

It’s cool to have a team back from Season 5 I remember Colin and Christie. Becca and Floyd we great too and so were Tyler and Korey. I have no memory of Art and JJ from season 20 and a google search doesn’t help either.

Amazing Race
•Becca Droz and Floyd Pierce (season 29)
•Tyler Oakley and Korey Kuhl (season 28)
•Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran (season 23 and all-stars)
•Art Velez and John James “JJ” Carrell (season 20)
•Colin Guinn and Christie Woods (season 5)

Big Brother
•Rachel Reilly (BB12, BB13, TAR 20, and TAR 24) and Elissa Slater (BB15)
•Janelle Pierzina (BB6, BB7, BB14) and Britney Haynes (BB12, BB14)
•Nicole Franzel (BB16 and BB18) and Victor Arroyo (BB18)

Survivor
•Eliza Orlins (Survivor Vanuatu, Survivor Fans vs. Favorites) and Corrine Kaplan (Survivor Gabon, Survivor Caramoan)

•Rupert Boneham (Survivor Pearl Islands, Survivor All-Stars, Survivor Heroes vs. Villains, and Survivor Blood vs. Water) and Laura Boneham (Survivor Blood vs. Water)
•Chris Hammons and Bret LaBelle (Survivor Millennials vs. Gen X)

Colin and Christie? Awesome! I know they copped a lot of flack in their season but they were my favourites.

urgh no I want season 7 drake tribe Rupert back

ehhhh kinda cool

jksagijkhfsdjgf AHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSS

They have started filming another season (season 32) in the past few days, there have been sightings of teams leaving the US and then overseas. So it looks like CBS will have 2 seasons up their sleeve. Good to see the show will be around for at least 2 more seasons!

There’s still no airdate for season 31 (Reality Crash) but many are speculating early Jan.

2 Likes

Wow, I didn’t even know they’d commissioned season 32. Looking forward for TAR31 but in the meantime I’m getting my fix with the repeats on 7flix.

1 Like

Yeah it’s come at quite a surprise. They must have some faith in the show to have two filmed back to back before either have aired. This is the first time that they’ve done this. Maybe they plan to air both back to back or might want it up their sleeve as a reliable filler if any of their other shows fail.

I have a feeling that season 32 has a celeb type theme or something to it. There is talk online that a couple of the teams have been identified as sport stars or something.

Or they have to do them on the cheap nd cut corners, now that ratings are so low.

How is it on the cheap? Seasons 31 and 32 were still filmed a few months apart, it’s just that no airdate has been announced for Season 31 yet (but many are speculating Jan).

I assume it would be because they share resources and keep the production goimg rather than stop start. In the same way they filmed two seasons of Wentworth or Australian Spartan but will screen them in different years.

1 Like

But TAR is different.

Wentworth and Australian Spartan are using the same sets for both of their produced seasons. It’s cost effective to produced 2 seasons back-to-back as everything is already set up from the first season.

TAR is a race around the world with different locations being used for both seasons. There is no point in doing a back-to-back production unless they hit similar locations (and that’s unlikely because the novality of the show involves going to different locations).

1 Like

IMO Seven should’ve had another go at a local version of The Amazing Race. It’s a great show and would’ve had the potential to go up against The Block in Q3/4.

Some say the ratings were bad at the time, but I believe it was largely due to the rubbish timeslot that it had (past 9pm) and never really stood a chance. They should’ve pushed it to 7:30 and had it two nights per week and it would’ve been fine.

6 Likes

The productions weren’t even back to back though. Season 31 was filmed in June/July and Season 32 is being filmed 4 months later. It 's just that season 31 hasn’t aired yet. It must have been a timing thing that they had the right production team available and locations for this time of the year that made sense to do another season now. They must be wanting to go back to 2 seasons a year or CBS want that extra season as filler if they need it. It may not rate like it used too but last season did decently.

The show never did too well here though. The first season did OK but the second season declined and the third even more. The final season with that stupid Aussie and NZ twist was unbearable to watch and the finale only got 600k viewers (and that was 5 years ago). It is a really expensive show to make having to have production in multiple locations overseas to give 1 episode a week. It’s not really bang for buck for networks who can make cheaper local shows that give more episodes.

I don’t know if it should go that late in the year (in the hypothetical scenario that it comes back). Q3/4 is also where Aus Survivor runs - which is a similar adventure reality game show that (from my experience in the online community for both shows) have a sizeable cross-over audience.

If 7 were to bring it back, I’d have it earlier in the year - perhaps delay House Rules and have it run for a few weeks between MKR & House Rules.

At that stage of the year, 9 has finished Married and is airing The Voice - which is weak competition - & 10 runs Bach In Paradise - which is not a show which has a cross-over audience with TAR.

True. House Rules also seems to do alright against Ninja so pushing it to Q3 MIGHT be alright. But there’s still the question of what they might do in Q4…

I’d put my money on Bride and Prejudice seeing how it did fairly well recently. Should be kept in Q4 too so that it’s well away from Married at First Sight to avoid genre fatigue.

1 Like

CBS has announced that season 31 will air in May 2019 after the next season of Survivor ends. Bizarre that it is so far away when they are already filming another season. That means it will air a year after it was filmed.

2 Likes