The Amazing Race

He is right. The fourth season of the Australian version, the first season to air on 10, didn’t start off in Australia.

1 Like

Thanks. Got it now. It was a confusing comment as one long sentence. Thought he was still talking about the upcoming one.

1 Like

Ah, I see. All good. No worries.

That’s exactly what I said. Should have used the correct punctuation.

1 Like

I knew what you meant.

Saw the final four episodes of season 30 on my laptop this afternoon. It was an unbelievable finish on the deck of USS Hornet. Henry had a chance to win the building task but he forgot to ask for a check, instead he wasted time by moving a wrong piece, allowing Jessica to finish first so she and partner Cody claimed the race and US$1 million.

Interestingly, the final two legs were both held at night, due to flight schedules and some of the tasks involved.

Now looking forward to season 34.

EDIT: Henry and Evan split months after the show aired, while Cody and Jessica got married.

That’s why I said it was a great finale. I’ve never seen a team solve the final puzzle but not realise, therefore missing out on the $1m. I wasn’t a fan of Team Yale anyway - well Henry was ok but I found her really annoying when she kept talking about how smart they were.

2 Likes

Season 34 premieres Wednesday 28 September 9:00 PM on Seven, a week after the US.

8 Likes

Worth noting that the second episode starts at 8:30 PM Wed 5 Oct and is a rare 90 minute episode.

2 Likes

I wonder if the producers told them that Henry had solved the puzzle, or if they didn’t find out about it until they saw the episode.

Just finished watching the first episode of season 34 tonight.

I quite like the Scramble format (completing the challenges in any order), it makes the race more exciting and more suspenseful.

Like the previous season, the production company chartered a Boeing 757 plane to carry the competing teams and all the crew. As Phil explained in the BTS video below, the plane (with every team onboard) departed from Los Angeles to Halifax, Canada for a fuel stop, before continuing onto Munich where the first leg began.

3 Likes

Not much of a race if everyone is on the same flights

They really have ruined this once great show.

It’s not as easy to pick and choose flights these days. There are limited flights available on many routes since Covid.

2 Likes

The flight from US to Germany via Canada was before the race started, so it was irrelevant to the game. First leg started in Munich, Germany.

There’s a thing called Covid now. This was implemented mid last season to minimise the covid risks.

1 Like

No surprise that after yesterday’s poor ratings, TAR has been bumped to the later 9:30 PM timeslot for at least the next 2 weeks.

And then the following week bumped to 10.30pm like it used to screen. :wink:

2 Likes

The show’s co-creator Elise Doganieri has written a new book, The Official Amazing Race Travel Companion, which came out this week. Apart from a travel guide, it also features a never-before-seen “behind the scenes” snapshot of how the show is made, who they hire, and how destinations are chosen.

In Australia, you can order a copy from the websites of Booktopia, Angus and Robertson, or The Nile.

3 Likes

Overlooked in yesterday’s ratings was another poor performance by The Amazing Race - ranking 68th for the night.

Subsequently bumped to post 11pm from next week.

2 Likes

When your program is rescheduled for after the late news, you know it is cooked.