The Amazing Race

Season 33 finale (episode 11) will be shown on Seven on Monday, March 28.

2 Likes

No Amazing Race finale tonight, instead a repeat of the Academy awards is on, maybe the finale will be on next Monday instead?

Yes, Seven made the decision late this afternoon to bump the finale to next Monday.

1 Like

Shame to see the finale postponed but I guess they think they’ll get more viewers for the Oscars.

1 Like

Is anyone even watching? The final was weeks ago.

Wouldn’t have this problem if they fast tracked the show.

If you scroll back and read the comments, then you will be shocked and awed to find that, yes, there are people who are still watching it.

2 Likes

The finale is now available on 7plus, if you don’t want to wait until next Monday.

3 Likes

I think the final task (the quiz with the tennis rackets) was not as difficult as memory challenges in the previous seasons, although it still tripped up Raquel and Cayla, who were overtaken by Kim and Penn at the task.

1 Like

I enjoyed the season and the producers did a really good job under the circumstances. Nice to see the teams referring to the other teams by name, rather than ‘red team’ etc.

1 Like

It was a good season and the producers did a great job of reviving the race, even though it turned into a grand tour of Europe for obvious reasons.

I think some elements from this season (e.g chartered plane for teams and crew, staggered start for teams) will be retained for season 34. Hopefully it will again be a race around the world.

3 Likes

I found some of the locations started to feel a bit repetitive once they returned after COVID (outdoor quieter waterside type locations) but understand the reasons why. It was a good cast and much much better than the previous US season.

1 Like

Did I count eight teams at the final pitstop (including the three finalists)? I thought that after the break there were only seven teams left competing.

Edit: Yes, there were eight teams. Seems Taylor and Isaiah returned for the finale, whereas the other teams who did not return after the break were not present.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I didn’t realise they’d filmed another season so this is good news for me.

3 Likes

Season 34 only starting filming in late May this year, so it will be quite a quick turnaround.

1 Like

I’ve just caught up with the first six episodes of The Amazing Race season 30.

I missed 7flix’s broadcast of the show four years ago but I was able to download the whole season to my computer. And then I forgot about it. (I did see seasons 31 to 33 on Seven) But with the impending premiere of season 6 of The Amazing Race Australia and season 34 of US version, I found the videos of season 30 on my computer this week and started watching.

I thought season 30 had been disappointing because it was too gimmicky: head to head battles (on two occasions), U-turns on back to back legs, and switching partners (I think it was the first time in the show’s history). I will keep watching to see which team won the race.

There’s a great finale so definitely keep watching.

The Season 34 teams have been announced.

Some format changes:

• The race will not begin in the US.
  • There are no more non-elimantion legs. Every episode a team will be sent home (which would make it a slightly shorter season).
3 Likes

This will be the fourth time in Amazing Race history that the race does not begin in the show’s originated country. The fourth season of The Amazing Race Australia (the first to air on 10) started at Seoul in South Korea.

You mean, 34th season of The Amazing Race?