The Amazing Race

I think this is when it will air. I saw a couple promo’s last night during the Olympics so don’t think they would be promoting it that much if it was a post 10pm show.

I just don’t like the idea of double episodes as it rushes the season and makes it hard for viewers to commit to it. It started 5 wees ago so we are already weeks behind. Are we really ever going to catch up? If not a couple doubles here and there is fine but otherwise I’d prefer 1 a week.

2 Likes

I saw a promo during the news last night. Very excited to see it return and looking forward to seeing all the changes they’ve implemented to keep the teams/crew as safe as possible.

I believe the season will mostly stick to a smaller number of countries that are close to one another (so expect some double legs in the same country) and then they travel together after each leg on the same private flight.

I remember seeing a list of the supposed locations quite a while ago and it has me looking forward to this season. I generally prefer them spending more time in a location rather than rushing through.

This year there are only 10 episodes due to 4 teams not being being able to come back after the COVID induced production break so the final episode will air March 2nd in the USA (March 3rd for us). With double episodes, the finale in Australia should be on Monday March 21st.

1 Like

How many teams are there this season? I did read that some of the teams that were a part initially (in early 2020 that got cut after a couple of legs due to COVID) were unable to come back but the eliminated teams from those legs were asked to take part again too. I assumed they would then just cast some new teams?

Originally there were 11 teams, 2 got eliminated before the COVID production shut down. Those 2 teams were brought back when production continued. So 7 teams in total competed in the rest of the Race, no new teams were cast.

Makes sense, but I was kinda hoping that they may have brought back teams from previous seasons to fill the gap. That said, I think they’d probably want to film the episodes as fast as possible before any other lockdowns.

TAR confirmed for next Monday - double episode at 9:15pm

3 Likes

So following SAS Australia?

Correct.

1 Like

Ok so this season sounds confusing. I thought after the break that they would’ve just reset, scrapped the initial episodes and started filming the season from the beginning again. Instead it’s going to be 3 legs that they originally filmed and then it continues 1.5years after the break, with some eliminated teams retuning and some existing teams not returning.

Have they said how many episodes will be in this season? I’m curious whether they’ll still do non-elimination and/or double legs or if they’re going to shorten the season as they try to keep everyone safe.

See

1 Like

I am currently watching the latest season, episode 7 just aired last week and there are 5 teams remaining (there have been 2 non elimination legs after the Race restarted). The new season of Survivor begins on March 9th, replacing Amazing Race, that would make it 10 episodes.

2 Likes

New graphics for the new season, some of them centering near bottom of the screen. For example:

Footnote: The Chipping Forecast, the fish and chip restaurant which featured in the first episode, closed down permanently in August 2021 after five years of operation.

2 Likes

Having been in London during the northern winter of 2017/18, I recognised many landmarks featured in the first two episodes including Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, London Postal Museum and Russell Square.
I enjoyed the episodes. Two teams at the postal museum roadblock made the silly mistake of not taking the next train after finding the clue, instead they wasted 30 minutes going over letters and parcels in their own satchel.
For the record, in the second leg the teams departed outside St Mary’s Abbots Church in Kensington in West London, in the same area as Natural History Museum, the pitstop for the first leg.

2 Likes

I hope that’s the only singing task this season😑

The Glasgow leg was filmed on February 25, 2020 (according to the clock display on one of the team’s cars), and on February 28 Phil told the teams that the race had been suspended. Normally the teams would have left the day after the leg, so those teams would have felt something unusual after being told by the producers to stay in Glasgow for three days.
The teams left the bus at the second pitstop in London in the afternoon and took the Caledonian Sleeper overnight train to Glasgow, so the teams would have had several hours to spare.
After Glasgow, the original itinerary would have taken the teams to Lapland in Sweden, then Austria, Nepal (for the first time in Amazing Race history), Vietnam, Thailand, and South America before returning to the US.

This article reveals which four teams did not return for the resumption of the season (and why).

3 Likes

CBS has renewed the show

4 Likes

Glad that it’s coming back for another season. I’ve only seen the first 3 episodes of this season (right where it stopped due to COVID) so still playing a bit of catch up. So far though this season has been a big improvement on the previous one, which I never actually finished because the first couple of episodes and the cast didn’t grab me. I find this time that I’m liking most of the teams plus the UK/Europe locations are places that I’m a lot more interested in.

2 Likes