The Amazing Race

Not rating sadly so moved back to 10.30pm in favour of Pensioners make you laugh out loud.

1 Like

Well at least it hasnā€™t been removed from the schedule completely.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s annoying. As long as itā€™s available on PLus7 though Iā€™m not fussed. I find I catch up watching with either my recording or Plus7 on the weekends anyway.

1 Like

7Plus. :wink:

1 Like

According to Wikipedia there was a challenge not shown last night. I thought it was a bit light on challenge-wise and now I know why. It was a head-to-head badminton challenge, and the winning team went to the pit stop while the losing team had to play the next team.

Also no TAR screening in US tonight due to the Survivor finale. Next week will be a double episode in the US.

That wasnā€™t shown in the US either.

Which means no TAR on 7flix next Tuesday either. A repeat episode of Code Black will air in the 10.30pm timeslot.

The double will air on 7flix the following week to keep in line with the US

1 Like

I forgot to comment on the previous ep where Corinne and Eliza were eliminated. I was so disappointed to see them go, they were thoroughly entertaining and hilarious to watch. Eliza is so easy to wind up and her expressions/reactions to things are priceless. That elimination was so bizarre the way they walked away and showed them bitching about Rachaelā€™s team and saying that they will block them on social media. :laughing:

I am going to watch the double ep in the next couple of days but predicting the Survivor contestants will be extinct by the end of it.

2 Likes

No spoilers here - partly because I havenā€™t finished watching the second episode, but the scenery and some of the challenges in the first episode were brilliant.

1 Like

Feel free to post as itā€™s aired and Iā€™m reading at my own risk. Excited to see the Dubai episode. I know theyā€™ve been there a few times on The Amazing Race before but itā€™s one of my favourite places in the world.

Ok then, the scenery in Dubai is fantastic, and I really want to do the final challenge to the pitstop!

1 Like
2 Likes

OK Iā€™ve watched the first episode and Iā€™ve been to Dubai twice but not seen most of those locations. That city is really expanding and tapping into tourists at a rapid rate. Its been 3 years since my last visit and that big frame and the dinosaur park werenā€™t there then nor had I heard of that zip line. Google search shows that the frame only opened early last year, which might explain why a couple of the taxi drivers had no idea how to get there. Dubai Tourism clearly use a lot of reality shows to promote themselvesā€¦ theyā€™ve been there numerous times on the race now and this time all to newer things the city has to offer. Even most of the Real Housewives franchises have had a trip there.

It works though - I remember in one of the earlier seasons when they went to Ski Dubai and Aquaventure water park and that was initially what put Dubai on my radar and of course on my first visit went to both of those locations.

I was super relieved that the first leg was non-elimination - Rachael is such an entertaining contestant to watch. Looking forward to getting to the Uganda episode tonight.

If the report is true, will 10 gets the rights to the US version of TAR as well? 7flix is showing season 31 at the moment.
The lapse of Sevenā€™s programming deal with Disney has certainly opened up opportunities for Nine (movies) and 10 (new shows).

Not necessarily. 9 still have the rights to first run of US Survivor despite 10 having the local version. Although I think Seven could easily give up on The Amazing Race US given itā€™s been shafted to 10.30pm on 7flix

I hope they stick to one hour episodes because Seven killed the show when they extended it to 90 minutes (which ran even longer with all the ads).

1 Like

Agree the Amazing Race is meant to be a fast paced showā€¦ but this is Australian reality TV so like Survivor expect 100min+ episodes or any way possible to stretch it out.

Iā€™m very keen for this. If they go for 60 minutes (not 75/90 minutes!) over 6 weeks on Wednesday/Thursday they could be in for a winner.

Grant Bowler was an excellent host so it would be great if they could poach him.

2 Likes

The Amazing Raceā€¦Really 10?

I thought they wanted TV People would talk aboutā€¦this is not it.