The Amazing Race

Chris Brown & Julia Morris for hosts!

No. They need to go with someone new. Not the same host of a version that was failing on another network by the time it ended. I think that Scott Tweedie would be perfect for this.

Well Travel Guides was extremely popular on Nine so they must be thinking that travel is in which might give it some potential.

1 Like

It didnā€™t fail because of the host. Season 3 bombed when Seven bloated the runtime, started it post 9pm and stupidly added an Australia v New Zealand twist.

2 Likes

Yes but what Iā€™m saying is that if you a rebooting a show thatā€™s been done before on another networkā€¦ going with the same host is a backward step. This needs to be a new race with a new host.

1 Like

As far as Iā€™m concerned Ch10 did ok with the reboot of DWTS so I think theyā€™d be alright doing a reboot of TARA.

Grant Bowler was great on The Mole, but on TARA he seemed a bit contrived, although perhaps he was told to try to be more like Phil Keoghan.

Obviously this show is very expensive to make so perhaps if theyā€™re able to get support from Virgin again then perhaps it would work.

1 Like

Iā€™m more worried that it seems too rushed to air it before the end of the year if they really do intend too. They havnā€™t even really given much opportunity for people to apply, with most of us only hearing about it now and applications supposedly closing tomorrow. It would need to be airing by about September to fit into the year (well depending how many nights they show it but not much later than that) so that only leaves 3 months or so to cast, plan, film, edit and promote? I hope itā€™s not rushed.

Applications extended until 10th June.

I think the Aussie version will not return until Q1 2020, perhaps up against Married at First Sight and whatever reality show Seven has scheduled.

1 Like

I think this would be the smart decision.

Iā€™m assuming 10 will air this Q1 possibly with survivor coming forward as well.

Yeah Q1 would be better. The Amazing Race would definitely be a better show to fill the hole in Tenā€™s schedule once Iā€™m a Celebrity finishes. I think itā€™s more likely to retain Celebs audience more than anything else.

3 Likes

Youā€™re so right. They should just strip Family Feud at 7.30 weeknights and maybe go with Studio 10 Evenings at 8.30!

People will talk about them. They wonā€™t watch but they will talk. :rofl:

1 Like

From the Mediaweek article, it certainly sounds like they are trying to get it to run by the end of the yearā€¦ unless they have ANOTHER franchise (I doubt it).

ā€œThe other thing, a franchise I canā€™t talk about yet, will be huge for us too. We are finalising the contract at present.ā€

McGarvey said 10 will have to move quickly on the new franchise to get it up for the very end of Q4.

As much as I would love to see it, I agree itā€™s too rushed. Unless of course theyā€™ve been planning this all year and just need the contestants.

It could only be possible if they had like 4 weeks filming and edited the eps as they go so editing the final ones while it goes to air.

Itā€™s interesting thought how I saw the ad for this and they didnā€™t mention what it was now people know its Amazing Race a lot more will apply, so maybe they did them a favour?

Survivor has only just started filming and presumably this would air after Survivor. So I donā€™t think its unrealistic.

If they started filming by the end of June and wrapped up by August surely that would give them plenty of time to edit before an October launch.

Iā€™m really enjoying this US season. Itā€™s a great cast and Iā€™m always so much more into the race when there are a few less teams. The double episode last week was great and so was the return of the head to head. Although it seemed that practice made perfect when it came to the head to head. Every team that lost a round then won it at the second attempt, so the Big Brother girls didnā€™t have much of a chance. I was relieved to see Rachael scrape through thoughā€¦ she is so entertaining and funny to watch. Other than that Iā€™m a big fan of Tyler and Korey but like most of the teams left. Chris and Brett seem to have improved as the race has gone on. I didnā€™t expect them to last.

I agree that Rachael is funny to watch but Iā€™m still not really a fan. Seems her sister is the stabilising one, the one who tries to calm down Rachael when she has one of her mini breakdowns.

I know that so far only TAR teams have won the legs so far but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Chris and Brett win one at some stage. Theyā€™re getting stronger because theyā€™re starting to understand how the race works. That said, I still love Tyler and Korey, Colin and Christie and Team Fun.

1 Like

Agree, the Big Brother teams are all pretty annoying (with the exception of Nicole & Victor). Maybe Iā€™m being biased but I have really loved the Survivor teams - Chris & Bret especially. All The Amazing Race teams have been fantastic, canā€™t say I like Team Fun at all - too loud and obnoxious.