The Amazing Race Australia

As explained. No. Yes.

2 Likes

I wonder how they will film the Amazing race now

It’s possible it could still happen without visiting Victoria or having Victorian contestants. That’s all dependent on how long other states are closed off from each other though. The good thing with race is that it can be filmed in less than 3 weeks especially with it being in Aus. So even if it’s filmed in September could go to air in October like last time. I also think Ten should just do Masterchef Junior in Sydney. It doesn’t have to be in the MasterChef kitchen and might be good to see a change in scenery for that version.

1 Like

Considering they are suggesting it won’t air until next year they really don’t need to film until around November anyway.

Yeah as you say, it’s not likely to air this year anyway with 10 saying to mediaweek that MC Jnr is set to replace TARA this year with plans to now screen the locally filmed series early next year.

Of course this can all change, depending on what happens over the coming weeks and months.

10’s head of entertainment and factual programs Stephen Tate on Mediaweek regarding the next season.

We are making the show locally and it is what Australia needs at the moment. We need to see a fabulous adventure travel show in our own backyard, showcasing everything Australia has to offer. We have to push through and find ways to make productions keep happening. The intention to film this year and we have just closed casting. We are full steam ahead in pre-production.

My guess is that 10 is waiting for all the border closures to be lifted before filming starts, so every state and territory can be featured.

4 Likes

Ten Has to wait for the removal of quarantine requirments as well

1 Like

Beau Ryan has confirmed the new teams have been cast and filming will commence in the coming weeks. He also hinted that Victoria and WA might be omitted from the next season.

1 Like

What. They gonna race around NSW?

Just Caaberra. The whole season will be done in half an hour. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

15 minutes more like!

Yeah, with a few ad breaks they could probably stretch to that! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Shooting might take 30 minutes but I am sure 10 will drag it out for 4 episodes

Ready. Set. Go!

A race of a different kind will hit our screens soon, when the new season of The Amazing Race Australia lands on 10.

Staying on home soil, our contestants will explore the breathtaking beauty and intrepid adventures Australia has to offer. Host Beau Ryan will be back to wrangle the racers, guide them through each task and let them know their fate at each pit stop.

Last year, our hearts weren’t the only thing racing when 11 daring duos bungee-jumped, kayaked, goat-milked and skydived their way across the globe in pursuit of the $250,000 cash prize. From folding dumplings to chowing down on century eggs, the race was filled with twists, turns and tantrums.

Last season’s winners, newlyweds Tim and Rod, said: “ The Amazing Race Australia was the most incredible adventure of our lives. The race is an adrenaline rush like you’ve never experienced before and the memories will last a lifetime.”

1 Like

10’s head of entertainment Stephen Tate told Mediaweek the new season would definitely be filmed this year, and said to standby for an announcement about where the Race will start and how 10 and Eureka will be running it.

We are working on what will be an incredible Amazing Race that will take in nearly every state in Australia. We are still waiting for some states to let us know if we can include them. But we have workarounds to change the race if we can’t.

1 Like

I have 2 Questions

(1) How they going to film it with borders closed?

(2) 14 day quarantine ?

3 Likes

Exemptions?

There are already talks of states like SA opening to NSW today and NT in a few weeks time. So if they film late Oct/Early November it would be doable without too many quarantine disruptions.

Now I could be wrong but I think it would come down to the order of states that they do. E.g. start in Tas or WA (14 day quarantine pre-race) then move across to SA/NT. Then they could end the race in an eastern state (Qld or NSW).

Plus if it gets too difficult you could focus it in a couple of states like SA/NT. Have legs in Adelaide/Darwin/Alice Springs, on beaches, in outback etc. Or even WA is huge with plenty of variety of hey can do it there. There’s plenty of options. Last season was pretty much just 2-3 locations in each of Asia/Africa anyway.

1 Like

Season 5 commenced filming in Queensland this week, according to The Daily Telegraph today. Host Beau Ryan, production staff, contestants and crew were all forced into a two-week hotel quarantine before filming began.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/australian-reality-tv-in-the-time-of-coronavirus/news-story/e840fc2393014d15240be095a99dca83

2 Likes

How is it going to work with the borders still closed?

1 Like