The Amazing Race Australia

I think postponing The Amazing Race could be wise. They could bring it back Q1 in 2021 alongside Survivor.

1 Like

It should screen somewhere instead of Survivor. They can’t have two seasons of Survivor every year. It’s too much.

1 Like

I agree. But 10 will continue to have 2 seasons of Survivor.

A spokeswoman for 10 told News Corp Australia producers were assessing the travel risks involved for cast and crew of the reality, which was due to start filming a new season in June.

In a statement, 10 said: “we are seeking advice to determine the international route for the upcoming season of The Amazing Race Australia, ahead of the start of production in June 2020. The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/amazing-race-to-rethink-travel-as-coronavirus-pandemic-sweeps-through-shows-route/news-story/ebb4a67819ee12dc45ea2ba8fbb246b8

1 Like

Oh well only 10 can find a way to make a show even shitter than the last season. They might as well have left it for a year rather than tarnish it with some shitty domestic only version.

1 Like

They might have been better off just postponing it.

4 Likes

Then won’t it just be like that channel 7 show where they ran around Australia?

Yes, obviously.

1 Like

I personally don’t mind and think it will be interesting to see how people adapt to different aspects of Australia.

It’s disappointing but understandable. But it means regions like ACT, Tasmania and Far North Queensland could be featured.

Just postpone it until next year and air along survivor. I just wonder what it might mean for survivor.

2 Likes

What will happen to Travel Guides now? Maybe the Fren family should just stick to the couch and the box?

It’s probably already finished filming for this season…

What show was that?

A race around Australia? If the show has the cheap production values of last season, there won’t be much differentiation between this and the Sunday afternoon slot fillers.

Hopefully the money saved in international air fares can go into higher value challenges and production.

1 Like

Even without coronavirus adding a spanner into the works of many TV productions, a domestic version of The Amazing Race isn’t really that bad of an idea. With tourism down in the wake of the Spring/Summer bushfires, surely there are heaps of places in regional Australia who right now would love to have exposure during a show like The Amazing Race?

If people hated the idea (which didn’t come to fruition) of Tom and Tyler becoming Goggleboxers, then I don’t think they’ll want the Fren family to join the show.

Besides, we’ve already had a group of (now former) Goggleboxers who were briefly on Nine before Foxtel, Ten & EndemolShine gave them their big break a few years later! :wink:

Travel Guides? That show airs on Nine…

1 Like

You raise a really good point here and I hadn’t thought of it from this angle. Plus I don’t think many Aussies will be travelling overseas for some time.

4 Likes

Surely TARA is called off now with states closing borders and lockdowns imminent.

3 Likes

Probably but it might still be able to film in the second half of the year. Who’s to say in September it won’t be able to film for Oct/Nov airing like last year.

1 Like