The Amazing Race Australia

That could be true perhaps. I’m just not convinced. They said as they have no sport they’ll spend the money they would’ve used on cricket to program a 50 Week entertainment schedule. If they run lame for the last two weeks of the year then they lied.

It’s a simplistic way to look at it I agree but it’s just that Mcgarvey has had long enough to turn the network around and she keeps repeating the same mistakes. The only caveat on that is that this year there has been some marginal improvement in the second half of the year.

1 Like

To be honest I was never convinced they could run a 50 week schedule - whatever that meant. But I believe they have done a better job than I thought they would.

We still don’t know what will air in December but fact is 10 are still promoting One Born Every Minute Australia and Trial By Kyle. They still have Ambulance Australia and Todd Sampson. So for the final 2-3 weeks they have shows they can air in that 7:30 slot. Not to mention shows from CBS.

I’m not counting those. Given they didn’t provide a criteria the standard I will apply is first run Australian content in the 7:30pm slot at least 4 days a week.

1 Like

They may have said 50 but there have been scheduling changes too throughout the year (e.g. I think they started Masterchef earlier than planned which shafted the last few eps of BIP to the later time slot) which would get their plans out of whack. They also didn’t announce The Amazing Race or The Masked Singer at the start of the year either so they wouldn’t have known how many episodes of shows they were doing until these were all filmed and finalised.

The 50 week thing would have pretty much been their ideal plan to program for the bulk of the year. Realistically 48 weeks of new content is a good effort if it goes that way.

1 Like

So what about the other two weeks? Test pattern?

In all the podcasts I listened to Beverley specifically made mention to their relationship with CBS and US content so of course that will make up the 50 week schedule.

I think you are deciding what you would want from a 50 week schedule not actually what was suggested.

2 Likes

Promo

3 Likes

I like these promo’s they are fresh and sneak but they are showing us no content. I’m worried Ten are rushing this season out too quickly.

I think you’ll find that’s part of their broader marketing strategy, build up suspense and knowledge that it’s coming back. Who wants to watch the same footage from the show for the next month before it premieres anyway?

I wouldn’t be worried they’re rushing it to air either, filming is already in the can and they still have another month or so in post production and they can still be editing later episodes even after it’s premiered which isn’t unusual.

Exactly. Shows can be turned around quickly.

After all Big Brother dailies used to be turned around within hours.

1 Like

First promo featuring footage from the new season.

2 Likes
1 Like

This ain’t no vacation. This is The Amazing Race Australia.

Coming soon

It’s time to pack your bags and get ready to roam the globe. The Amazing Race Australia is coming soon to 10 and it’s the furthest thing from a relaxing vacation.

We call it amazing, but it’s also crazy, ludicrous, outrageous and adventurous. From painfully slow taxi rides to furious camels, our not-so-trusty tour guide, Beau Ryan, will lead 11 teams as they ping pong across the world in pursuit of the $250,000 cash prize.

In a race where every second and every step counts, you’ll need more than brains and brawn on your side. Some teams are even going as far as to call in a favour with the big fella upstairs.

Relationships will be tested, decisions will be second guessed and a meltdown or two will be had. So strap yourselves in and get ready for the race that has it all.

1 Like

Looking forward to this. A very diverse cast, it feels more 9 than 10 though. I hope Beau let’s his personality shine a little bit while still letting the contestants be the stars. We don’t need a Phil Keoghan-esque robot, something more akin to JLP.

1 Like

Beau Ryan seems really out of place in that ad. It gives the show a whole new vibe I dont know if I like.

The teams definitely visited South Korea. Almost half the clips from the promo were filmed in the country and I notice quite a lot of Korean characters.

The majority of the promo is from South Korea so I guess it is the first place visited including the DMZ peace ribbon fence.

So that was the easy one. Other places look like:

Mongolia (obvious from early promos) - also pretty easy.

The rest are a bit more tentative so interested to see what others think.

Vietnam?

Somewhere in Africa- Zambia?

Lake Malawi?

Katherine Gorge, NT

3 Likes

The more we see of beau as host the more I don’t like. His bogan voice makes it feel more like an ad for a Sunday afternoon advertorial travel show rather than the polished product we have seen in the past.

3 Likes

WorldScreen has an interview with the show’s creator Bertram van Munster. This is what he says of 10’s version:

It’s in full swing. Australians have a great sense of humor. It’s going to be a fantastic show. We have a great team there.

10 has launched the show’s Facebook page along with the new logo:

3 Likes

I know who Beau Ryan is but being a Melbourne AFL girl I’m not really familiar with his work. As much as I like Grant Bowler I found him to be too much like Phil which was a bit off putting. Hopefully Beau will do ok.

In the advert I notice at least one challenge we’ve seen before on TAR, being the one that saw Becca and Floyd eliminated in season 29.

Any idea which three continents they go to? Asia obviously, Africa and perhaps Europe?

2 Likes