Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

And now 7 is having problems…?

If they’d publicly announced their intention to do so, then yes, I’d expect them to back it up :wink:

5 Likes

My take:

10’s Mondays - Thursdays: :+1: (for obvious results/reasons)

Fridays and Sundays: :+1::-1: (one or two tiemslots do well, but the rest tanks and hard with no live sport in prime time or leading-in to).

Saturdays: :-1: (completely uncompetitive on a night nobody’s interested in FTA, with usually just lots of movie offerings and the might of Seven’s AFL - Seven News/Nine News helps those networks too)

1 Like

This week marks halfway through season 10 of Gogglebox with 5-6 episodes left. When it finishes at the end of October, I think either Trial by Kyle or One Born Every Minute should air in the Thursday post-8.30pm timeslot.

Although as it’s been said before, the Saturday night programming on all networks (apart from sports & election coverage) has been “Must Miss TV” for the better part of two decades. If Ten are…

…then it isn’t the end of the world. A bigger priority for the network at the moment needs to be improving their news/sports departments.

If this season of Gogglebox is for 11 episodes like the one earlier this year was, Ten will probably air the 2019 finale on October 24.

2 Likes

To be fair, all three of you are right about your interpretations of 10’s 50 weeks pledge/strategy. Let me explain how that’s possible:

This is how Beverely McGarvey introduced it when she announced the network’s 2019 summer plans just over a year ago:

“Today’s announcement is a key part of our plan to give viewers and advertisers 50 weeks of first-run, locally-produced shows every year.

The network said the same thing at their upfronts last year:

Cooking, dancing, dating, surviving, renovating, laughing, crying, learning, racing – Network 10 will deliver first-run, locally-produced content across 50 weeks of the year from mid-January right through to Christmas.

However, something different was said a few months later in 10’s 2018 ratings wrap-up press release:

Finally, just for good measure - this is how Paul Anderson described it during a Financial Review interview in February:

"We have a strategy of 50 for 50; general entertainment for under-50-year-olds for 50 weeks a year.

In short, because 10 have described their 50 week pledge/strategy in a number of ways - it’s unclear to pinpoint exactly what it is and therefore how to judge whether they’ve met it or not

8 Likes

Some good quotes… so they’ve always said 50 weeks, the start date was Jan 13 and more often than not they said first run local content. I was pretty close in my interpretation of their strategy. They even said premium in one of the quotes I’m guessing my years end they would have lied. I hope they prove me wrong.

They have almost met it in terms of having local reality across the 50 weeks, but the problem is, in the real world, prime time lasts longer than 60 or 75 or 90 minutes (depending on the day).

Well when they said they would run to weeks of first run, locally-prudced shows show every year they could be just saying a show every night. If they were saying prime time in general they failed that in the first week. They have had Instinct, NCIS, Law and Order SVU, Bull etc all in 8:30 slots.

I think 50 weeks of premium content can still refer to US content. It is premium. It isn’t cheap to buy.

Premium means really good content, not how much it costs to buy. Plenty of shit shows cost a lot to buy where networks are willing to spend.

1 Like

The Project is first run and local.

Not saying it isn’t. But they would be clutching at straws if that was what they were refering to when suggesting thats all their first run programming they would be offering during some weeks. And would be totally embarassing if they did.

1 Like

The TBAs are Ambulance Australia: Ultimate Emergencies rpt at 9.30pm and Carpool Karaoke with Celine Dion at 11pm.

Saturday 28 September 12:00 pm

Creative Generation

Creative Generation 2019 State School students from across Queensland showcase their creative talents in this annual arena music spectacular.

https://creativegeneration.education.qld.gov.au/

Week commencing 29 September 2019

Sunday 29 September
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
04:00 pm 10 News First
04:45 pm Rugby World Cup: Australia V Wales Kick-off: 5:45pm (AEST)
08:00 pm The Graham Norton Show Series 26 Premiere Guests: Dame Helen Mirren, Jack Whitehall, Simon Reeve, RuPaul and Normani.
09:00 pm Instinct S2 E10
10:00 pm Instinct Rpt
11:00 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Adelaide
03:30 pm 10 News First
04:15 pm 2019 Rugby World Cup: Australia V Wales
07:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Series 26 Premiere
08:30 pm Instinct S2 E10
09:30 pm Instinct Rpt
10:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Perth
02:45 pm Rugby World Cup: Australia V Wales
06:00 pm 10 News First
07:00 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
07:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Series 26 Premiere
08:30 pm Instinct S2 E10
09:30 pm Instinct Rpt

Monday 30 September
07:30 pm The Masked Singer S1 E03
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Contestants Ed Kavalee, Denise Scott, Marty Sheargold, Anne Edmonds & Dave O’Neil
09:30 pm Just For Laughs Rpt Season Premiere
Stand-up comedy from the most famous comedians from Australia and beyond. Guests include: Tommy Little, Troy Kinne, Cal Wilson and Ismo.
10:00 pm Kinne Tonight Rpt

Tuesday 1 October
07:30 pm The Masked Singer S1 E04
08:30 pm BH90210 S1 E02
09:30 pm NCIS Rpt
10:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 2 October
07:30 pm Bondi Rescue S14 E10
08:00 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
08:30 pm Movie: Red 2 (2013)
10:50 pm Sports Tonight

Thursday 3 October
07:30 pm Jamie’s Ultimate Veg S1 E02
08:30 pm Gogglebox Australia
09:30 pm TBA

Friday 4 October
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show
09:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
10:30 pm BH90210 Rpt

Saturday 5 October
06:30 pm Luxury Escapes 2019
07:00 pm The Masked Singer Rpt
08:00 pm The Masked Singer Rpt
09:10 pm Movie: Sex And The City (2008)

:clock2: Daylight Saving commences at 2am Sunday morning in some states.

Why has 10 decided not to do the Sunday Project?

Because the football fills the timeslot.

One Strange Rock they stopped at Ep 2?.. just noticed it’s on Netflix.

So they can’t air it after the football? There should be a commitment to it in primetime in my opinion.

At 8 or 8.30pm? Seems strange.