The 1% Club

Yep, my take pretty much exactly and some social media comments appear rather positive except for the host… I expected Travel Guides to win easily again, it might actually be closer for 1%'s launch, but it won’t be anything spectacular and agree will flop quickly unless some quick editing or timeslot changes with a better lead-in / less competition, but not much you can do in post when the host is so prominent.

2 Likes

This might have been just me but the very final question was easier than some of the previous ones.

1 Like

Thought the same. Surprised all 3 didn’t get it correct but I guess they’re in a studio under lights and on camera.
Quite a good show if they can work on the host a bit, though he got better as the show went on as well. Still shouty though.

1 Like

I think Jim suffered the same issues that Ninja Warrior had - it’s a big arena, and therefore had to shout so he was heard and had a presence.

2 Likes

Maybe the 2 who got it wrong didn’t read the question properly? because I thought guessing the month was the easiest & then the date which they got.

Overall I liked the show but not sold on the host.

2 Likes

Seemed to have an average/awkward start to the show. The first 10 minutes were very slow.

The show did well to debut to 527,000, second in the timeslot to Travel Guides. Winning the 16-39 and 18-49 demos. In the 25-54 it was third behind Travel Guides and I’m A Celebrity.

The result is on par with Farmers in total people.

It was the number three show in regional ratings.

3 Likes

With MasterChef not on this week for obvious reasons, I had the chance to sample The 1% Club tonight.

The format is easy to follow but the questions are not straight forward, especially from Q3 onwards.

If all 100 contestants are eliminated before the 5% question, the strongest player(s) will still play for the jackpot.

The one thing I didn’t like was Jim speaking too loudly, maybe it’s due to the size of the set.

If you love the brain teasing games on daily newspapers, then this show is for you.

1 Like

I found Jim much more tolerable this episode.
Though, not sure if a couple of his jokes/comments were appropriate for 7.30. “I’d root Brad Pitt. I’d root George Clooney”. “She just wants to take one shit”. “Your arse must be twitching.”

2 Likes

I found tonight’s episode better than last week’s episode. Jim was more tolerable than last week. He wasn’t shouting as much. But i found his jokes were 50-50 with me.

1 Like

Or just 99 of them?

Saw it for the first time tonight. Pretty good concept. However, far too much chatting, especially at the start. Either cut the banter entirely or cut down the number of contestants.

Plus, I am really not keen on the host. Why does he talk during thinking time???

He makes jokes to fill in the thinking time when it is broadcast. It was filmed after the answers were locked in by the contestants. He wrote the jokes based around the questions.

1 Like

But I’m trying to work out the answer! A little shoosh please.

3 Likes

Former Married at First Sight contestant Bryce Ruthven took part on tonight’s episode.

Moving to Monday in 2 weeks

The network has a moderate start to the show, with potential for growth and they mess it around by shifting nights. Great strategy

2 Likes

I think it’s a one-off move because State of Origin game 1 is on Wednesday, May 31.

1 Like

I don’t think they’d shift it for one week just because of SOO? Not everybody watches and they should be providing an alternative.

My guess is it’s a replacement for Blow Up being shifted to 7Flix, with repeats to air later in the week.

Confirmed for Monday timeslot the following week as well.

1 Like