Ten's 4th channel

Interesting if true, and if so, I wonder if they’ll reuse the old Ten HD Package. (idents logo) - I remember them pretty awesome back in 2008…

1 Like

Chances of that happening: 0% I reckon.

If/when Ten HD returns, I’d be willing to predict that we’ll most likely just have “HD” text alongside the main blue & white circle as a logo.

3 Likes

That old TEN HD logo was amazing loved the colour and effect they got out of it. That means SC Ten will launch HD in September 2018 :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah well it was just a thought , but yeah I doubt it will happen. But you never know.

1 Like

i’m assuming it will be MPEG4? :stuck_out_tongue:
Or is ONE being made SD and this channel MPEG2?

Id assume it would be MPEG4 otherwise as they are going to need One to become SD to make way for it.

Really 3PM? Why that date? That sounds sus, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Doesn’t Ten usually do their technical testing about once a month (where One usually becomes an SD channel for a brief period) around the middle of the day?

I remember they used to do it on a Thursday night around midnight or just before midnight? Definetly it was around the middle of the week. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So if Ten HD is in MPEG4 this means One can remain in HD ?

Does One show many native HD tv shows/sport ?

Possibly, although I would not be surprised if One does switch to SD if it’s indeed true that Ten is planning to switch on Ten HD on Channel 13 on March 2.

I think One shows some movies/documentaries and occasionally some sport (whether or not that’s a hangover of the old “One HD” days is quite debatable), but for the most part One is a waste of a HD broadcast IMO!

Lots of One’s programming is in native HD from movies, to US programming to even the adverts.

My sources confirm 2nd March and Channel 13, but the time is still TBA.

Yes, it’ll be MP4 and One will become SD.

That ‘technical testing’ is to check that the Melbourne recovery operation works and allows Sydney to do any maintenance as required. They do it weekly, but in preparation for the HD simulcast there have been a few extra.

4 Likes

There was one on Tuesday morning IIRC where One switch to SD

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week.

If Ten HD on Channel 13 is launching on March 2, then I wonder when the network will make a formal announcement and start airing some promos for the new channel.

1 Like

Seems like the return of Ten HD is to coincide with the first race of V8 Supercars of the year, the Clipsal 500 at Adelaide (March 3-6).
At least we will get to see MasterChef in glorious HD later this year like India :smiley:
So is this a simulcast of the main channel like 9HD? Or will it be like TVB Jade in Hong Kong, whose HD channel currently has different programs in daytime, and simulcast with the main channel in primetime? (That arrangement by the way will stop next Monday morning local time, when Jade’s HD channel will separate totally from the main channel and be renamed J5)

1 Like

Based on past experience they will probably be start promoting it a couple of days before it launches. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Will probably get a pop up channel prior to launch :grinning:

7 Likes

I assume that cap is from 2007 or whenever it was - prior to One HD launching?