Tennis

Front page of The Courier-Mail today

4 Likes
3 Likes

She obviously achieved all she wanted,3 Grand Slams including the recent Oz Open and a few WTA titles.
She doesn’t want to keep travelling on the WTA tour anymore and and have to spend months away from her fiancé,family (and her dogs)
She was always well behaved on court,she never behaved like a spoiled brat,smashing her racquet if a point didn’t go her way nor did she ever swear at umpires,
Nick Kyrgios could learn a lot from her about how to behave on court

3 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

I hope Wimbledon stand their ground. They made a difficult but brave decision. I support it. I don’t think ATP/WTA come away from that decision looking good.

2 Likes

A great match between Rafa and Novak Djokovic early this morning as is any match between these 2 great players.I’m not a big fan of Novak anymore because of him refusing to get the COVID jab :-1:happy Rafa beat him

3 Likes

So many people claimed that Rafa’s Australian open win was illegitimate because Novak wasn’t in the tournament. This win should solidify nadals claim to be the GOAT.

4 Likes

Iga Swiatek (Poland) beat Coco Gauff (USA) in the Women’s Final at the French Open.

3 Likes

Rafael Nadal defeated Casper Ruud (Norway) in straight sets to win his 14th French Open Title,he now has 22 grand slam titles.

5 Likes

Rafa is now officially the GOAT in men’s tennis

3 Likes

Leading tennis coach Patrick Mouratoglou has admitted coaching from the stands has been going on “for decades” as the ATP moves towards legalising the practice.

Men’s tennis will trial ‘off-court’ coaching through the second half of the season, with coaching permitted from designated seats from July.

It means coaching will be permitted at the final grand slam of the year, the US Open in August.

The ATP has announced verbal coaching will only be permitted when the player is at the same end of the court, while hand signals will be allowed at any time.

They are killing the sport slowly…

1 Like

How? Why shouldn’t coaching be allowed?

One of the fundamentals of tennis is being able to work out a match yourself. One of the things that separate tennis from other sports.

3 Likes

It’s so disappointing that Rafa has had to withdraw due to injury from the semi-final at Wimbledon this year.
Wishing him a speedy recovery #Champion

2 Likes
2 Likes

Novak Djokovic defeated Nick Kyrgios in the Wimbledon final 4-6,6-3,6-4,7-6 to win his 7th Wimbledon title (4 consecutive titles). Novak now has 21 Grand Slam titles.

3 Likes

I feel that most people weren’t too upset that an Australian lost the final; probably had their opinion of Kyrgios reinforced by some of his behaviour last night.

3 Likes

Remarkably it was Djokovic’s first victory over Kyrgios, they only met twice before and Kyrgios won both matches.

1 Like