Ten rampant relaunch speculation

It has been about 9 months since the planning was implemented.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be too quick to dismiss his views given he currently works in the media.

8 Likes

Especially when a) that’s not what happens currently, and b) there’s no evidence presented to suggest the contrary.

It’d be more believable if WIN Eleven and WIN One didn’t run dirty Ten promos through on a regular basis, yet here we are.

yet I have and will continue to hold that view.

1 Like

it all comes down to cost, we all know that, if WIN elects to spend money (ha good luck) the company can do so, the company chooses not to but to say they don;t have the ability is wrong, they can if they want to they choose not to.

Charming.

1 Like

You would have to be mad to undertake a network relaunch while not addressing key issues like the 5 - 7:30 time-slots on a daily basis, the pre and post MasterChef scheduling and the myriad of holes being punched through the schedule.

A network cannot be sustained off the back of 4 - 5 programs performing well throughout the year.

I just hope the execution is done well, with a significant investment in programming including over the summer - which is when the relaunch is tipped for.

I know it has been said a million times over, but surely it’s time for Beverley McGarvey to go?

4 Likes

On a similar note, wasn’t the introduction of Seven’s “ribbon” logo in 2000 also one that happened on a fairly short notice?

Anyway, back to the speculation about Ten’s upcoming rebrand: None of us know what’s happening behind the scenes at the Network Ten branding and On-Air Presentation department (or if anyone does, they won’t be talking about it publicly online for obvious reasons) so can only guess whether or not a new logo is coming until the relaunch happens or maybe if we’re very lucky, a short time in advance.

2 Likes

In the real world, there are budgets. Possibilities are endless if budgets didn’t exist. WIN has a budget in order for their company to function.
There is a reason why WIN began using dual Nine branding in 2015 when Nine re-branded Go! and Gem. If WIN had the resources and time to independently brand those channels under the WIN brand, I’m certain they would have.
Sure you can employ more people, but that isn’t always a viable solution.

4 Likes

So in short WIN have elected not to spend the money needed, thanks for validating that.

Hence why we have WIN ONE and WIN ELEVEN, money issues aside for the moment WIN are paying to much for Ten clean feeds.

Are you actually asking if TBS and TBS are too similar?

7 Likes

My channel is also named TBS

3 Likes

Yeah, they should go for something more unique - like Ten Network Television - or TNT for short.

7 Likes

How about TBA for now :thinking:

To Be Advised :rofl:. Free advertising in advanced guides! Seriously :wink:

E.g. https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/search?q=To%20be%20advised

3 Likes

Pure speculation so drink it up.

Someone told someone that TEN is to be renamed CBS and will be on a new LCN 15.

The phasing out of TEN brand will start from October Bathurst 1000 weekend.

Watch this space …

5 Likes

That’s MASSIVE if true.
I don’t see why they’d move to LCN 15… Perhaps they didn’t want any leftovers of 10 whatsoever?

didn’t @lexington repeatedly say that it WON’T be renamed to CBS. Why associate it with an American brand and dumping the TEN name together. Just seems odd.

6 Likes

And Jeff Glor will be presenting the 5pm news each weeknight from NYC?

Both CBS and Ten’s Australian management have always maintained the “Ten” name will be retained.

12 Likes

Read, its good for you.
Between learning new things.
The is a word.
Lines should always be observed.

October, Bathurst 1000 will see big changes

Is their anything else?

GO GO GO

Launch into a new direction.

1 Like

Please show me a press release where they have called it “Ten All Access”?