Network 10 2019

Wasn’t it rumoured to be Bathurst Weekend?

Oct 31st which is upfronts night

Although we’ll just have to wait and see what actually happens of course, I’m still rather skeptical that we’ll see on-air changes from October 31 even though it’s the day of the upfronts where a rebrand will likely be announced.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to do the on-air launch of “The new Network Ten” on a Sunday/Monday or if it’s a different day of the week (which to be fair has happened before, such as Seven relaunching on Melbourne Cup Day in 2012) to coincide with some big TV event happening on Ten that day/night?

3 Likes

Brisbane is ready

1 Like

I think the 31st maybe the formal announcement on the proposal.

I can see on air changes etc happening in the new year (come 2019)

2 Likes

it was mentioned here and here:

Though that was in relation to the Ten name being dumped … a rumour that Ten themselves have said is false.

This was, and still is wild speculation, but he might be on to something?

What if the “Ten” we know is on Channel 15 as CBS (or some other brand) and LCN 10 is actually a 24 hour news service called “10 News First”???

(Although I am very doubtful this is the case :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Wow this thread hahaha!!

2 Likes

Gotta speculate! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Poor Spree TV :frowning:

3 Likes

but it was in relation to the Bathurst 1000 weekend, as to when the changes start to happen.

This thread will quickly evolve into the now closed rampant speculation thread if we (even jokingly) analyse every aspect of Ten leading up to any possible future network changes.

On topic though - they’ve used that call to action in their social posts for a while now, I can’t imagine they’d want to build on that on-air considering 9 are already in that space with 9 News Now in the afternoons.

Can we just set up a random Ten thread where people can just speculate and just say what the f**k they want. Rather than getting 30 new posts in the 2019 thread thinking something big has happened?

5 Likes

I reckon the rampant speculation thread should be reopened.

2 Likes

There is the random thread that already exists. :smiley:

1 Like

Isnt this what media spy is all about?! :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Because heaven help us all if anyone speculates. Maybe you should lower your expectations when you see 30 new posts.

2 Likes

I agree - this is a discussion forum. If you stifle what people want to talk about (within reason) what is the point? Continue!

4 Likes

100 new posts = the new TEN logo revealed.
70 new posts = TEN News First confirmed not to be the new name.
50 new posts = Ita Buttrose and Jessica Rowe announced as hosts of “Ten and Not Friends”, the riotous new breakfast program.
30 new posts = Sandra Sully wrote the word NOW on her twitter feed.
20 new posts = Natarsha Belling said “but FIRST”
10 new posts = absolutely nothing happened.

9 Likes