Ten rampant relaunch speculation

I used to LOL at SC10 who’d use incorrect/old button pushes. I recall one from 2010/2011 with NCIS’ Cote de Pablo still being used in 2012 or later

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, it was 2002 or maybe 2003 that Ten started doing the whole button pushing thing?

Although “seriously” (which I’m pretty sure died in 2012 when the current “Turn On Ten” slogan was introduced) and the predominantly blue/yellow colour scheme were in use from the 2001 relaunch, along with the Production Endtag audio still in use today.

As the cool kids might say, it’s gonna be lit.

Sorry, couldn’t resist! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Similar concept though.

3 Likes

i would have thought the relaunch would have happened in november since its been one year in november that cbs brought ten

1 Like

I’m guessing October or November. No idea, least get the look consistent without using too many variations of the logo, wouldn’t be surprised if One changes to TEN Drama.

1 Like

Yeah, It was around then, I think 2002 is more likely though as there are some examples on YouTube with the push button style used.

1 Like

okay.

last month I did a fantasy booking (fancy way of saying speculation) of what I would like to see happen to Ten.

Now we have this thread … stand by.

1 Like

As much as I would like to see this, I just cannot see that happening, unless they broadcast very low quality SD MPEG2 versions similar to Viceland.

1 Like

Hot tip: Ten Boss coming for ya soon.

2 Likes

I jumped the gun on that.

With only 2 multichannels Ten has enough spectrum to duplicate either ONE or Eleven in HD.

2 Likes

What I would like to see happen is:

ELEVEN gets re-branded as POP
ONE gets re-branded as STARZ (they won’t bother using FLIXS for obvious reasons)

As for MPEG4 HD, it can be done for primary and possibly 2 secondary channels, however TEN SD would have to drop off the MUX, will CBS TEN be willing drop TEN SD to do so?

5 Likes

You’re probably right, though there are really four multichannels including TVSN and the infomercial channel.

1 Like

More likely December / January.

As for speculation about spectrum changing and channel configurations - I don’t think it’s that, but I don’t know. No more soup for you.

3 Likes

TVSN and Spree TV are run with very low bit rates.

the problem with that 10 logo is that TEN never used it into SYDNEY market.

Would make sense given CBS/Ten All Access is to launch by the end of the year as well. Exciting times ahead for Ten, the Media landscape is going to look a lot different in a few months time, looking forward to the new look Ten and News Department.

Or Brisbane or Perth.

the problem with that 10 logo is that TEN never used it into SYDNEY market.

Melbourne people desperately trying to regain a sense of backwards independence :slight_smile:

Make it so!

2 Likes