Ten rampant relaunch speculation

Seven did one this year and it was well received I thought. And they have been doing themed ones over summer for the Tennis or other big events.

Running them over summer is the perfect idea rather than constant promos for one or two shows coming soon.

1 Like

Just wondering, what do you think they should do for a full Network relaunch? I suggested the mid-2000s style outline logo a possibly due to its reappearance since the shortly lived 2012 refresh with its recent usage on Sports Tonight, Social Media, etc, and also since it has a lot of brand recognition, but I’m interested to know what you would want for a Ten relaunch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some members here once suggested a crime / procedural channel? (e.g.) NCIS, SVU, L&O, CI, NO, LA and all of them. Plus the ones ONE were showing already on Tuesdays until recently VF Confidential, Cops and other true crime docs.

?

That’s a very good question.

As we fast approach a new decade, I personally wouldn’t mind seeing Ten relaunch with a completely new logo for the main channel/network after 27 years of the current one (in various forms, of course). But realistically, the chances of that happening aren’t very high.

2 Likes

I do have to be careful otherwise my source won’t be happy. I might’ve gone too soon for you all. how will you survive!?

Can you cope with four months of hype?

5 Likes

rip buttonpushing :frowning:

Whoops :wink::joy:

Oh… this relauch is gonna be…

I think that’s been dead for a while now?

I loved the 2007 there’s no better place to be the most, though I’m aware many didn’t (only lasted 12 months give or take).

Anyone know when the Seriously started? That ran for at least a decade? The button push even longer.

Oldest element surely has to be the music/theme to the Ten production ender, which I can trace back to 2000 (if not earlier?)

1 Like

I can but I don’t know if others will, as they will be counting down the days, like Christmas for example to when it all happens. As I am sure time will fly. Before we know it, it will all be here for us to see.

Exciting times ahead!

I think the button push is still being used, however, to a lesser degree.

The Seriously started in 2001 (I think), as did the production closer audio.

2 Likes

I guess the dropping of the eyewitness for the news is put on hold to next year with this impending station logo change then?

1 Like

It started in 2001 after the “Entertain You TEN” On-Air Presentation, same for the Ten Production Ender title-card. The Button Push a little bit I think.

Also there was a Pointless themed Button Press ident, it’s still very much being used.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. If they did go with the outlined logo, then it might be a similar situation to the Sports Tonight graphics; slowly pushing the new logo around all departments.

If it’s radically different? That’s another story.

2 Likes

Since the new Sports Tonight is heavily CBS Sports inspired, I imagine it would be a taste of what is to come under CBS direction, otherwise it would have been the solid circle logo or the 3D version. If it is radically different, I wonder what direction they would go in; Ten or 10? The current logo was a modernised version of 1980s circle logo, wonder if they’d modernise a previous design or go for something completely different.

1 Like

But the comment as @lexington said…its first major rebranding for a long time. To me that says new logo…not just a redo of the current logo.

6 Likes

I thought we all agreed this was on the cards when Ten put the call out for presentation staff a few months ago?

Even a logo change for the main channel?

I thought the ABC America inspired Ten logo was at odds with the new ownership.

3 Likes

Very true. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see then, unless @lexington has some more juicy gossip to spread!

If it’s good for 7 Tasmania Southern Cross Television then it’s good for Ten…

2 Likes

The button pushing is dead. It’s more “whack the sphere” these days.

8 Likes