Ten Pilot Week 2018

Hahaha! The people that replied are the EXACT people I knew would! Never seems to amaze me. :joy::joy:

So you’re admitting you were baiting for reactions?

Not at all. Firstly, you disagree with virtually everything I’ve got to say and secondly, you, along with the others that were sobbing about what I had to say are all lefties that would have (and did) disagree with what I had to say.

Don’t you agree that she’s being a hypocrite? Majority of the shows Working Dog has created or produced are all male dominated. So hypocritical.

Virgin detected

Does it really matter what gender the pilot is centered around? Sure it’s male dominant but maybe there weren’t any female-lead pilot/ideas that were television worthy?

5 Likes

Hear Hear.

Unfortunately it’s called identity politics. We are no longer one people, rather the left have split us into different groups based on our skin colour, sexuality, gender etc.

The same as different quotas. Not choosing someone best for the job (meritocracy - something Gough Whitlam was a strong believer in), instead choosing someone based on their identity.

I long for the days where we are all one people, where we are all seen as humans living together instead of blowing up because there are too many males on Pilot Week. An absolute joke!

2 Likes

Ok, enough alt-moralising. We know it’s sad that not everyone agrees with your view that… all the pilots of the Ten pilot week should be men?

It’s funny that you think that “we’re no longer one people” just because others have a different opinion to you.

3 Likes

Do you know what a hypocrite entails? Because you can have Australian shows females as hosts. Its not like you cant have both.

They have The Bachelor and The Bachelorette airing later this year after showing Bachelor in Paradise earlier this year.

He meant for pilot week.

Interesting that it is wc 19th.
I had predicted that its pretty obvious was wc 12th.

The reason is because Shark Tank and Instinct finish on 7 / 8 August and also Madam Secretary if they do a double episode finale. The only other new shows they have on are Russell Coight, Street Smart, HYBPA, Man with a Plan, The Living Room and Survivor.

So made sense to go wc 12th. That week appears to be very slim.
The only think I can think of is Ten play The Bachelor and all that in supersized episodes wc 12th and then wc 19th all these pilots air at 830pm.

Who are the “left”? I am so sick of this term being used for anyone who believes in equality! Be that of the sexes etc. I totally believe in equality but in this instance we have no idea who pitched programming ideas to TEN. So I for one congratulate them on trying something different. Hopefully at least one of the eight works.

4 Likes

That’s the thing. Most of these people have had shows on all other networks and in particular Kyle and most have failed yet they once again get given another chance? It baffles me. Kyle can spruik his show on his radio program. No wonder we are so sick of Australian TV when the same people keep getting rolled out everytime for whatever category they are in. If you want female driven stuff its all in the drama or dramadies shows such as Love Child, Offspring, which did well and Sisters and Wrong Girl which didn’t… and a lot more in the pipeline like Playing for Keeps and Bad Moms with again same talent rolled out this time female.

It seems everyone has a show idea, like opinions (or assholes) its just about how you market them and if the network will make money off them, not if they’re any good.

1 Like

Bad Mothers.

That should be arseholes. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Didn’t Amazon used to do something similar to Ten’s pilot week and launch pilots of shows and then pick the most popular show and now for some reason they are moving away from that sort of method and just picking big budget shows instead ?

Amazon… you mean an American network?

I mean the streaming company/ shipping company.

Are TEN doing thier promos with microsoft words word art? So much inconsistancy- Sports tonight looks sleek and this looks cheap and tacky.

1 Like

Totally agree that Sports Tonight looks really great, schmick logo and intros, simplistic… i like it alot.

Love Pilot Week, some great content in the lineup…

• Bring Back…Saturday Night - great idea, though I do question to validity over creating content for Saturday night, is there an audience there? I wonder if they’ll trial that in pilot form on Saturday night but then launch it (if successful) as a Sunday night staple… it’d be nice to get some consistent programming Sunday nights post reality.

• Drunk History - absolutely awesome casting with Rhys Darby and Stephen Curry… I can see them having alot of chemistry together.

• Taboo & Disgrace have potential as well…

The others sound like a mix between average to poor but I’ll reserve judgement until they air or at least have some promos.

Regardless of some of the complains surfaced here I think this is a great initiative by Ch10. There is room for improvement in regards to diversity etc but they’re at least investing in local content and creating jobs for those in the industry, so that’s a plus.

6 Likes

Nobody is disputing that or not praising Ten for investing in local content and trying to mix things up. It’s a legitimate question to ask – do audiences in this day and age want predominately male dominated programming fed to them? Or do they want more inclusive, representative and diverse content? Judging by Netflix subscriber growth and they way it (and other factors) are destroying traditional free to air television, I’d say the latter. They’re all about inclusive casting and programming, and if it was a turn off, their subscriber base wouldn’t be growing.

3 Likes