Ten Pilot Week 2018

Apologies - I’m aware it has featured in other promos, including the pilot week promo, but Ten really dropped the ball here. The individual show promos should have been on high rotation, not the generic pilot week promo which told us next to nothing about any of the shows.

3 Likes

What a great program! Loved Taboo, four magnificent people, sorry five, Harley Breen was great too. He was just a name to me before seeing his show but he did a wonderful job. I really hope Ten are already planning a full season of Taboo.

A few comments appeared in our towns main Facebook group:

captur

“It’s different from the other pilots because it was already finished. They gave me some money to film 2 extra scenes to make it longer.”

Maybe Ten should have held off with pilot week until Gogglebox returned. The goggleboxer could have watched several of the pilots and it may have encouraged viewers to watch them on catch up.

2 Likes

Why can’t they still do that next week?

They can. They’ve done it before.

They have prob done it :+1:

1 Like

Watched Taboo this morning and found it very good. Really liked the show and am surprised it didn’t rate well.

I think the problem with ratings is Ten didn’t promote any of the shows they only promoted Pilot Week. Most don’t know what a pilot in TV terms is.

2 Likes

Exactly. Chucking out a thirty second promo a day or two before the show is just not good enough.

4 Likes

One of several sponsored Facebook posts I have seen from this page. Clearly desperate to lift ratings and get the show on the air. I admire the passion but am reminded the field played on to get a show on tv isn’t a level one. I hope other pilot week creators have the platform and finances to pay to inflate the performance of their pilots.

Good on him - direct hits to the Tenplay catchup to generate interest. It really doesn’t cost much to advertise on Facebook.

1 Like

Although I thought Skit Happens and Drunk History were basically shite and Disgrace was passable, I have to say Taboo was one of the best hours of television I have seen in a long time.
Well done to Ten on that one!

Also this

Problem is, Kyle is a millennial acting dickhead. Difficult to respect him in the same manor of “Judge Judy” - and that is disregarding Kyle’s obvious lack of qualifications in the field.

But I’ll watch to see what cases they get and if they pose any interest whatsoever or if they are just the quibbles of ‘friends’ of Kyle seeing as he is being called a ‘mediator’ in interviews and reviews.

1 Like

I was thinking about Taboo and despite poor ratings Ten should commission it. Its the type of show that would work well on a streaming service and I believe would work well for more content for overseas markets as well.

2 Likes

5 Likes

This show just looks like a joke.

3 Likes

Random Question: Do we know how many of the pilots will be picked up?

Because (from what I have seen on TV + heard via social media), I could see everything that has aired so far (except for Skit Happens) getting a pick up.

1 Like

This was on Kinne’s Facebook page - can’t vouch for accuracy