Ten Pilot Week 2018

Alleged guests on Saturday

5 Likes

If you missed it on channel 7 then catch it on channel 10!

Watching Kinne. There are some funny bits (mainly the packages) but I think its biggest problem is that it lacks direction. Lots of chopping and changing in no logical sequence.

1 Like

Wow getting the big stars! Pink is in Sydney that night, aren’t they friends? That would get people tuning in.

So is the show called Saturday Night or Bring Back Saturday Night??

Just called Saturday Night now.

1 Like

Yes. Why are they showing all the skits from Kinne on 7mate through this?

Half the problem with Ten’s studio based shows is that they lack atmosphere. The limited studio space doesn’t allow for the same feeling of fun and excitement to be conveyed in the same way it was in the old days when the network could utilise the purpose built Nunawading or North Ryde studios or was able to lease space for big productions. The problem really needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Watching this now, I think one was from mate, another directly from his YouTube and another ‘inpsired’ from his YouTube/mate. Pretty sure there was another one that was like his older content but executed better.

I hope this gets commissioned

1. Better content
  2. Daily/relevant/topical (as the v/o lady said ‘if you want Kinne tonight every night…’)
  3. Better studio
  4. Hopefully longer than 30 mins

Knowing this I’m enjoying this and hope the sketches are one or two a night with more live content (and I’m quite confident that it’ll be a nice refresher from other night shows which just shit out ‘orange man bad’ nightly).

Loving the team, especially Ros Hammond and Dave Thornton.

Re: the other pilots, I was hoping that Skit Happens was gonna be like The Ronnie Johns Good Times Campfire Jamboree Half Hour Show (Now on Television) as Chop almost has a cult-like status like Coight. If you want a pilot that’s edgy, hilarious, cringe, boring and grasping at straws this is the one for you (between this and street smart idk which is worse)

Loving Disgrace! and Taboo - share thoughts about them with many of you guys so no point regurgitating that.

Already spoken about DHA but they should do stories about RBT then HYBPA can have more over/under questions (haven’t had them at all this season).

5 down, 3 to go!

1 Like

Just caught up on Kinne, didn’t hate it but it it could definitely be better… the whole thing felt very choppy between the various segments, some that weren’t introduced and just ended abruptly without a goodnight or proper closer.

If they’re going to film studio components with an audience, I think they need to work on that area of the show more if it proceeds. The part with Rob Mills was weird, he was kinda just there and sat through a couple of questions which he mostly passed on and that was it.

Looks like it might’ve been filmed in The Project’s studios in Melbourne based on the video walls that they used.

1 Like

I wonder why this show is being filmed at Pyrmont? The studio is too small for a large scale variety show. Need a larger audience and more floor space for performances etc.

1 Like

:money_mouth_face: :moneybag:

Aside from promotion, quality, competition and Ten’s weak overall line-up – I think Pilot Week may have struggled because of the name it has. I don’t think most Australians would understand what a Pilot is. If it was called New Show Week or something less jargonistic that may have helped raise awareness. We’ve never really had local show pilots served up to us so suspect it is a very foreign concept to many and barrier to engagement.

7 Likes

Sam Dastyari texted his Labor mates last night asking them to vote for Disgrace to be picked up for full season.

Hooked on lobbying like a drug addict is to crack.

2 Likes

Would Rove’s Saturday show be available after it airs on Tenplay? I was thinking if it was live it might not be …

Not immediately bit later it should be. Just like The Project.

2 Likes